“Fine dining this is not...”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 2,202 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Pl.
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

But an all out meat-a-thon it is. The staff doesn't pay much attention to you until later in the meal when they will work to get you the cuts of meat you like. All in all, go to Fogo de Chao with the right expectations about it being a 'meat market' for food and don't waste space on the salad bar (which is also nice).

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Needless to say Fogo De Chao in Baltimore has a special place in my heart. It was my very first special date night with my fiance. Then became our once a month special date night treat. It was the place I got taken out to dinner and then got proposed to and its where we took our 19 year old for her special day. So after these past few years of wonderful service it only seems fitting that we host our wedding reception here.

Our experience today picking and booking our room was so easy. The GM Jair was outstanding. He was patient and went over several details and I have no worries about our wedding for next year.

Now onto the food. Once again the service was phenomenal and the food was exquisite. You will never have a bad meal here. Yes this place is busy with hustle and bustle and may be loud at times....but just flip your card to red take a breath drink some wine and slow down. This place is worth savoring and not rushing through.

I can't wait until our wedding reception and yes I will be posting that review for anyone looking for a unique wedding reception experience.

Kudos to the management at Baltimore they treat you like royalty.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The concept here is this: after a good salad bar, everyone gets served from waiters who walk around the dining room with fresh-grilled meat on skewers. You get as much as you like from 8 different types of meat, but it's pricy ($49.50/person for dinner). At this price, it should be great, but, unfortunately, it isn't. While you get lots of choices for meat, they really haven't solved the problem of serving food rare, medium, or well-done, to taste. I like my meat rare, and, while I love lamb chops and rarely get them at home, the chop i was served was so well done it was, to me, terrible. I should have just sent it back, but I didn't. The waiters didn't really seem interested in carving a piece of rare beef off their skewer for me either.

So, overall, I'd look elsewhere.

1  Thank Tom X
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It is increidible I love it ,,,,, the servese is perfect and the food taste so fresh , it is just oerfect for any occation. It is one of favorite restaurant in baltimore,,,, but they also have one in DC but I think and feel that baltimore have the best one .

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This, by far... is the best place we have ever eaten. The staff and management are to be commended for such a great dining experience. What a great place to go. A salad bar is an understatement.... amazing. The place runs like a well oiled machine. The meats are endless.... the staff are so considerate and so very well placed. NOT ONE COMPLAINT !! We will definately make this a stop on every trip down. You have to experience it to truely appreciate it.