“Once again...Meat heaven!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,039 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Pl.
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Purcellville, Virginia
“Once again...Meat heaven!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Having been to a Fogo De Chao in DC I knew what to expect. A tremendous selection of fire roasted meats carved for you tableside. Never ending sides that include, mashed potatoes, fried polenta and cheezy rolls. The salad bar does have a good selection of vegetables, cheeses and toppings. But you go to Fogo for the meat! If you love meat, you'll love this place. The Gauchos cook various cuts of beef, pork, chicken and lamb in a way that highlights the delicious natural flavor of each cut.

One thing that we were pleasantly suprised to find out is they do not charge for patrons under 7 years old. We were on a family trip and never would have considered going here had we had to pay for our kids to eat barely anything.

The service was impeccable and we never had to wait for anything. We will return! Great job FOGO DE CHAO!

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
“Great food, meat lovers paradise.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Great place, food was very good, salad bar amazing, i really enjoy the beef in all different cuts. The green and red coin helps you a lot to pace yourself.
Price is ok when you consider you can eat as much as you can.
I would definitely come back...soon :)

Gillette, Wyoming
“An orgy of meat!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Definitely not a place for vegetarians, even if the salad bar is also excellent!

I can't say there was a thing I tried that wasn't perfectly done. Sure, it's a gimmick place, but the meat is all very expertly prepared and the service is good. I've seen complaints about the fast service on several sites, but I prefer that to waiting for a drink refill. Even the lesser cuts of beef were great, due to very tasty seasoning. For those complaining about the price, it's no more than any mid-range steakhouse. Sorry it's not cheap like Outback. You pay for quality, and the main attraction here is meat. High quality meat. If you want a $9.99 piece of shoe leather, Friday's is that way.

• Visited March 2013
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Come Hungry”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love Fogo de Chao. This was the first one I was taken to, as a treat from a friend. SInce then, I've returned here and have also dined in the FdC's in Washington, DC and Indianapolis. They are all pretty flawless. The salad bar is seriously unbelievable, but don't fill up there because the real treat is the meat. The gaucho chef/waiters will keep bringing various cuts until you turn your card from green to red. It's divine for heavy meat-eaters, but vegetarians and those who aren't meat lovers, well, I can't imagine they'd have a good time. All FdC's have a great bar, too.

• Visited May 2012
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Expensive tourist trap with decent food and poor service”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a huge tourist trap, but I guess that's the point. Because of that, I hadn't intended on eating here until we were invited by some friends with a gift certificate. Being a huge meat fan, I had high expectations. Sadly, I left knowing I wouldn't be back. My first impression was that this place is huge. It seemed like there was room for hundreds of diners. The food was pretty good. I was not blown away, mostly because I wasn't able to try much because neither our waiter nor any of the meat men made much of an appearance at our table. We found ourselves having to flag down servers, who more often than not ignored us, which I blame in part on the colossal size of the dining room and the servers' inability to cover the floor. There were a lot of menu items that we didn't get to try but I didn't feel like spending my night fighting for food. As a result, I felt that a meal here is way overpriced. The salad bar is huge but several items did not look fresh. In particular, I had to pick through a significant amount of brown lettuce to create a salad .... I know that tourists love this joint, but I won't be back unless someone else is paying.

• Visited September 2012