“Foco de Chao, go with an appetite!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 2,202 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Pl.
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The service was excellent, the salad bar out of this world. but wait until they start bringing the meat platters around - WOW! SO delicioubut save up your calories for a few days and just enjoy!!!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The meat selection was great! My over all experience with this restaurant was exceptional the Service was great and the atmosphere was perfect for our group

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went here with a group of 5 for an early dinner on a Sunday. My husband has been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time, so I made reservations for his birthday. The food was great, but not excellent. The salad bar had a decent selection and most of the meats we tried, we enjoyed. My main reason for not loving this restaurant is the atmosphere. The waiters carrying the meat were like hawks circling the table, waiting for someone to flip their card to green (indicating they would like more meat). It all felt very rushed to me, and in fact, we were finished eating in 45 minutes. If you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy someone's company, this would not be the restaurant.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have visited this restaurant a few times and they didn't disappoint this visit. I was also advised what I could not eat as I am intolerant to gluten (the list is pleasingly small) and even the bread brought to the table is OK for me to eat. the manager and staff are very helpful and I would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Let's get right to it...this place is all about roasted meats. Beef, chicken, lamb in a wide variety of cuts and recipes, all rotisserie roasted - Brazilian style. Unlike most restaurants where you select one item from the menu, Fogo de Chao brings the menu items to the table (repeatedly) and you take what you desire.

There is an impressive salad bar with a wide array of veggies, greens, cheeses and more. In fact one member of our party is a vegetarian and enjoyed a satisfying meal from the "bar" at a reduced price. The attentive wait staff also provides side dishes, but those craving the main course(s) know to limit their intake to avoid filling up too soon.

This is a prix fixe place and once the service begins it is quite a show. Waiter after waiter circles the table offering one tasty delight after another. You literally signal when you want to hold off for awhile, and when you want another round. It's all great fun.

I was there for a surprise birthday party and it occurred to me that this arrangement is perfect for such affairs. Each person can sample a wide variety of meat dishes at will and eat their fill.
If you find something you especially like you can have more. And this ongoing service really works well with a group of family members or friends who want to talk and dine. This place lets you set the pace.

My one suggestion is that you refrain from snacking in advance of your dinner reservation because you will want to arrive with a hearty appetite.

1  Thank mrktwise