“Good Food and Friendly Staff - a really nice experience”
Review of Jack's Bistro

Jack's Bistro
Ranked #112 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, French, Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canton
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It looks like a neigbhourhood bar but eats like a good restaurant. It's not snooty fine dining but the food was inventive and tasty. They do some Sunday night main course specials at $15 and the chef whips up potatoes with a butter so rich you would swear they contained cheese. We sat in a booth in the bar area which is informal but they dressed up the booth with white table cloth and cloth napkin service so it's quite pleasant. An appetizer, a salad, three glasses of wine, two mains, one dessert and two coffees was $120.00 all inclusive of taxes and tip. We enjoyed the food so much we decided to go back for lunch! Unfortunately, they don't serve lunch so, while we found a spot elsewhere in the same area, (Canton,) it paled in comparison.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Food quality was outstanding. We had the chocolate Mac & cheese which was interesting and unique. I had the duck breast which was quite tasty. Girlfriend got the filet which was very tasty and tender. Despite the excellent food presentation service was remarkably super fast. We shared the fried smores for dessert which was good but didn't seem to have any relation to regular smores. Prices were reasonable and comparable to other quality restaurants.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Visited for the first time last night to celebrate my birthday. Our waiter took his time explaining the menu to us. We chose two impressive cocktails, one was called the Hindenburg. We shared the Mac n cheese appetizer and it was delicious. My dinner was a crab cake, Brussels sprouts, and parsnip purée. The parsnip purée was unexpectedly out of this world amazing. The crab cake was a little wet...not with to much filler, just wet sone how. so it was good, but not the best I have ever had. My husband stepped outside his comfort zone and got morrocan Shrimp and the flavor was amazing. This may be our new favorite restaurant, and Chris was the best waiter we ever had. The table next to us had nine people order the steak frites so that must be a great dish as well. My only complaint is for some reason people are SO loud in there

1  Thank vjcjenn
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The menu, food, and service were all fantastic. Jacqueline the waitress (short,blond woman and I hope I have the name correct) took time to explain everything and was very accommodating to my friend with allergies. She even took his car listing specifics to the chef for review. All of her recommendations were spot on! We particularly enjoyed the Jalapeno Margarita and the Ice Cream Sandwich dessert!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I tried Jacks for restaurant week and was not disappointed. Their chefs have come up with creative and unique dishes that left me wanting more. I started out with the chocolate Mac n cheese- and let me say that even if you only have this you won't be disappointed. But it got even better with their lamb pasta! So delicious!

The restaurant is a small place so space isn't always guaranteed because of how popular it is. Also it is a little pricey outside of restaurant week, but it is definitely worth the money.