“Great Canton treat!”

Cuisines: American, French, Moroccan
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canton
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Shared a wonderful Valentine meal with my husband at Jack's Bistro. Truly delicious meal. Great
fillet.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I started coming here routinely as we attend a monthly event at the nearby "Du" Burns Arena. Each time we have visited, we have spent a good bit of time just staring at the wildly innovative menu. We typically share an order of poutine, which is decadently rich due to the addition of foie gras sauce, truffle oil and chopped black truffles. It's hilarious how we both hate liver but love the poutine! The rest of the menu is full of unique flavors you probably won't find anywhere.

Their beverages menu has a great beer selection and some very creative mixed drinks and shots. One of the house favorites is the Peanut Butter & Jelly shot. Try it!

Though Jack's is not a cheap dive, you won't mind spending a little more for such creative, flavorful food. Also, please note that they open at 5PM and are totally closed from shortly before Christmas until mid-January.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I went here last month. We started with the mac & cheese topped with chocolate. No I did not make that up and it was both interesting and very tasty. Despite the fact that I had a burger the previous night I opted for the "hamburger less" burger. I had to ask what it consisted of but it was 7 ounces of ground bacon made up into a patty. I like to go for the unique things so I opted for it as well as the poutine.

Our waitress was excellent and probably one of the best I have had in the Baltimore area. Many people have complained in the reviews that they rush you but we did not feel that was the case. If I ever feel rushed I always take my time between drinks/apps/dinner and say I need a minute. The staff was great as was the food. The only drawback with many row home restaurants is that the quarters are tight so you eat close to other people. Great restaurant and our waitress was A+. We will be back.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Jack's is a few blocks off of Canton Square, but worth the effort to find it. The menu is eclectic- sou vide duck breast, green curry, but you could get a great burger too. A look inside shows a crowded little pub- but those crowds are there for a reason! Go early or go on a warm night when you don't mind waiting outside, cause all space is used for tables, not for waiting. Atmosphere is noisy, but the food is so worth it.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Interesting and tasty cocktails. The chef's jalapeño infused tequila in the margarita was just right, with a hint of fresh jalapeño taste and a slight/mild heat in the after taste. Well done. The Mac and cheese with dark chocolate (sounded strange but tasted very nice) was new taste but very good. Deciding on the choice of entrée was difficult, with many great sounding dishes. All four of us ordered different things and sampled. Everything was outstanding. Service was very good, friendly and knowledgable. Parking is a challenge, but don't let that sway you into not trying Jack's Bistro in Canton.