My daughter and I recently spent 1 night at this hotel. We were traveling to look at colleges in the area. We booked this particular hotel because of the pool (we thought it would give her a nice place to relax after touring schools). Unfortunately, the pool was closed for renovations during our stay. I can't blame the hotel for that, it was just a disappointment. I should have called to verify. So instead we took the hotel free shuttle to the inner harbor. Shawn our driver was so nice and friendly. We chatted all the way to the harbor and he made some suggestions as to what we might like to see. He was very knowledgeable about the area. We really appreciated his info. He is an asset to the hotel!
The hotel itself is right off the highway near a truck car wash and the back of a McDonald's. The view from our room was the back of either row houses or apartments. We kept the curtains closed while we were there. When we first arrived and were going to our room on the 9th floor we noticed a very bad smell in the hallway (almost like a dirty diaper). The smell was there when we came back in the evening but was gone in the morning after the cleaning crew came through. Maybe it just was something that needed to be cleaned or thrown away. Fortunately, there was no odor in our room. The room itself was average but clean.. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was the usual....sausage patties, scrambled eggs, waffles, toast, juice, yogurt, fruit. Again, the woman working the breakfast area was very nice and friendly.
When we first pulled in my daughter was not thrilled with the area, too industrial for her but, the staff made up for it and our stay was enjoyable. By the way, I met the manager in the elevator and he was also friendly and asked about my stay. I told him we were disappointed about the pool and he seemed genuinely sorry that it was closed during our visit but that they have to renovate it every 4 years. I felt that he really cares about his guests and hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Hotel & Conference Center is conveniently located off I-95 with plenty of free parking. We offer a complimentary scheduled shuttle to the Inner Harbor, the Baltimore Convention Center and Johns Hopkins Hospitals. As seating is limited, guests are required to sign-up for this service at the Front Desk. Room amenities include a microwave/refrigerator, coffee maker, iron/ironing board and hair dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hotel Baltimore
- Best Western Plus Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Hotel Baltimore
- Best Western Baltimore
- Baltimore Best Western