We booked to stay in this property first because of the excellent reviews, second because of the convenient and safe location and third because free off-street car parking and wi-fi is included. Prior to our arrival, we discovered that it would suit us to check in very early. We called the innkeeper who very obligingly said that we could turn up early and that they would make sure that our room was ready. Prior to arrival, we had been asked to pay half the cost of our stay. Given that this is a small property, we felt that this was reasonable. We were however somewhat surprised that we had to pay the balance immediately upon arrival and before we were shown to our room and that in addition, that we had to sign to say that we would pay for anything that we damaged. Fortunately, there were no accidents! We were also surprised to learn that we would need to turn up for breakfast on the hour or the half hour and not after 9.00 a.m. We stayed in the Edgar Alan Poe Room. It was extremely spacious and comfortable. A great deal of thought had obviously been put into its decoration. Unfortunately, a number of channels on the TV did not work. We reported this to the person in charge and were told that the owners would be informed. However, the problem was not rectified during our stay. Given that there is no sitting out area for guests, we spent time in our room but not looking at what we had hoped to see on TV. The breakfast menus were impressive although not necessarily to our personal taste. The person in charge was very pleasant but, apart from one brief encounter, we did not meet the owners. While this property had many good points, it was the most expensive of those in which we stayed on our trip and we did not feel that the premium was justified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 2 blocks of the Inner Harbor, this 1801 Georgian Style Bed and Breakfast has been welcoming guests for nearly 20 years. Walk to most major attractions, including Camden Yards & Ravens Stadium, Baltimore Convention Center, restaurants and shops, the National Aquarium and more. Free Parking, Full Cooked Breakfast, complimentary beverages, afternoon homemade cookies. Spacious bedrooms have private baths (some with jacuzzis and fireplaces). Located in Federal Hill neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Scarborough Fair Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scarborough Fair Bed And Breakfast
- Scarborough Fair Hotel Baltimore