“Great room, big tudor, full breakfast”
Review of Gramercy Mansion

Gramercy Mansion
Ranked #2 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We stayed in the ambassador room. It is a large room with a big canopied bed and wood burning firplace. There are separate rooms for the bathroom and closet. A very romantic room! We drove a couple miles to have an awesome dinner at Turk's Grill. A full breakfast in the moring was very good. The whole experience was terrific. I highly recommend for a great romantic get-away.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2010

My wife had a doctor's appointment at GreenSpring Station. The inn was located just 4 minutes from the office but was in a country setting away from the traffic. Visiting the beautiful inn was like taking a step back in time. The rooms were romatic, comfortable, and cozy. The breakfast was bountiful and delicious. We enjoyed walking in the peaceful gardens. Everyone there made us feel very welcome. The staff was freindly and professional.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My husband and I wanted to do something special for our 25th anniversary. Two nights at Gramercy Mansion certainly fit the bill. We had reserved one of the lower priced rooms -- which would have been lovely -- but when we arrived we had been upgraded to the Tower Room, which was even better. The room was large, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was a fantasy, with a giant whirlpool tub, and separate large stall shower.

We ordered the Romance package, and when we returned from dinner, the room was lit by candlelight and the fireplace, with rose petals strewn everywhere. Truly a romantic experience.

The breakfasts were good, with lots of choices. There is even a cat -- a very handsome, friendly fellow who spent some time in our room (invited, of course).

The extensive grounds are lovely, and a pleasure to wander through.

I can't imagine a nicer way to celebrate a special occasion.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Gramercy for a pre baby getaway. The Tudor Room was beautiful and comfortable. There were two weddings on the premises that day and the only thing we missed out on was the pool, as it is closed during events. The room and grounds were so nice that it didn't matter. The innkeeper recommended a restaurant a mile or two away in Greenspring Station called Tark's. It was absolutely fantastic!! Food & service were excellent! The Tudor room was perfect, with its private veranda, jacuzzi tub, fire place and classic antique furniture. Lastly, the breakfast was amazing!! The list of choices seemed endless and morning coffee service to the room was very nice. All in all, we LOVED it and we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrandiL823
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The most amazingly peaceful place on earth and its right outside of Baltimore, MD! It had such a calming influence on me I'm already looking for more business in Baltimore as an excuse to stay there. The staff cared for me as if I was family and Cristin Kline was so organized, so pleasant I feel as if I made a friend for life.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Country Estate room was very nicely decorated, and comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic- We would come just for breakfast if that were possible.

Breakfast was incredible with edible flowers from their farm. Very extensive selection.

This was the second wedding I attended at the mansion, but the first time I stayed there.

We will be going back for high tea.

Also, reserved parking for each specific room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Please do not waste your time at this B&B. When I made my reservation, the innkeeper indicated "there were no events scheduled." However, upon arrival, there was a wedding going on. I immediately indicated that this is not what I was told. We were then told that it would be over by 6:00 p.m.; however, this was not the case. When we came back from dinner, the wedding was still going on and there was loud music, obnoxious people and this could be heard from our room. I called the front desk; no one answered; we left a message; no one got back to us. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL. IT IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY.....THE PLACE WAS RUN DOWN WHEN WE ARRIVED...NOT AT ALL WHAT WE EXPECTED. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS PLACE AND ACTUALLY HAVE A LAWSUIT GOING ON RIGHT NOW WITH THEM. IN FACT, THE PERSON THAT I DEALT WITH, CRISTIN KLINE, HAS TO BE ONE OF THE WORST MANAGER'S AROUND. I WILL FOREVER CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS AWFUL STAY!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BettyboopHarrisburg
bnbsweetie, Manager at Gramercy Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2010

We are very sorry that this guest had a negative experience. It is with sincere regret that we have been unable to resolve this matter. Our owner contacted the guests personally by phone and e-mail, apologized for the lack of communication regarding the event that ended promptly at 7 p.m. and offered a $50 gift certificate toward a future stay. The guests chose to spend the night even though they were unhappy and were served a full breakfast the following morning. Had they chose to leave, our innkeeper (who was present throughout the entire evening) would have gladly helped secure reservations at another hotel or B&B and they would have been refunded for the entire amount of their stay. The guests did receive the full value of accommodations, despite the short time they were inconvenienced by the event on the property. It is unfortunate that they were unable to enjoy their stay.