Gramercy Mansion
Lord Baltimore Hotel(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$152
$189
$99
$169
  • Pool
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$103
$83
$122
$153
$144
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$126
$155
$134
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstudor roomb btower roomambassador roomhunt roomromantic getawayrose petalswedding venuebed and breakfastromance packagebreakfast was deliciousnext morninggas fireplacewedding nightbeautiful propertywonderful staycassatt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Tudor room the day of our wedding and thoroughly enjoyed the "wine dinner" which happened to be on the same evening of our stay. The mansion is very charming and the romance package :rose petals on the bed, candles, etc. were a WONDERFUL way for us to start out as husband and wife! Although we were only guests for one evening (we had to depart at 0400 the following morning enroute to Costa Rica for our honeymoon) I would highly recommend a stay at the mansion as well as indulgence in one of the monthly scheduled wine dinner parties...You won't be disappointed!...

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Dasharoundtheworld
Reviewed October 9, 2006

While the property was lovely, our breakfast was terrible. Absolutely not worth the $275 when compared to the other properties where we have stayed. For our annual trip to Baltimore for the AVAM show, we like to stay somewhere nice, usually one of the downtown hotels -- Harbour Court (the best), Renaissance Harborplace, Pier 5, etc... This time, because most of the rooms were sold out, we did some research and found a room at Gramercy Mansion, which appealed to me for its decor and its organic garden.

While it was annoying that we could hear the click clack of feet in the room above us, it wasn't really complaint-worthy, but breakfast was another matter altogether.

Not only did we have to sign up for a time to eat, and tell them what we wanted to have the night before, when we arrived in the dining room, there was no table ready, and they offered to clear the end of the service table and set us up there. No Thanks, we said, we'll take the food in the room.

The food -- bacon burned to a crisp, french toast doused in cinnamon, an omlette with chewy, undercooked shiitake mushrooms, and strawberries that tasted like onions.

The response -- let us make you something else, but by that time, it was an hour later and we needed to leave. Also, we weren't interested in anything that came from the kitchen by that point. The amazing thing was that they had all the answers to the test -- what time we were coming, and what we wanted to eat, yet still recieved a failing grade.

When I called to follow-up, no one thought this was a problem -- and critisized me for not alerting them sooner to the fact that the food was bad. (as well as alot of other excuses about what would happen to me if I made a reservation at a restaurant etc., but truth told, I am a restaurant reviewer and it isn't the customer's job to hear about why they aren't meeting expectations.)

Clearly, they do not have very high culinary standards as was revealed in the innkeeper's reply to my statement -- "It wasn't even real maple syrup." His reply "What do you mean it wasn't real maple syrup -- We use Log Cabin" -- I think that sums it up.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank LaIsla
bnbsweetie, PR manager at Gramercy Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2006

The management of Gramercy Mansion apologizes for this guest's negative experience with breakfast but it does seem that their criticism is a matter of personal taste and not of the quality of food or service provided.

We do ask our guests to complete their breakfast menu and indicate a preferred time (as a guideline for us) for breakfast when they check in and leave it on the door of their guest room for us to pick up early the next morning. As a small inn with only eleven rooms, one cook and one server each morning, we find it most efficient to have the order in advance so that our guests do not have to wait in the morning. In addition, we find it helpful to have any special dietary needs, allergies, etc. noted on that menu so we can run out and pick up any items needed for unexpected requests.

Most B&B's do not offer a full menu and I've rarely visited a hotel without an on-premise restaurant that offers more than a continental service. In our 20 years as a bed & breakfast, we have never had such a complaint regarding breakfast. As a matter of fact, that very same morning we served breakfast to several other guests who raved about the food.

As far as the seating arrangements, once again, we are a bed & breakfast, not a restaurant in a large hotel. We have a dining room with a long antique dining table and three or four small round tables that are set for breakfast each morning. On the particular morning of this guest's stay, several other rooms had chosen to eat around the same time and were seated at the smaller tables, but just finishing up. We offered to seat this guest at the antique dining table in the center of the room or asked if they could wait just a minute for us to clear and reset one of the smaller tables. Their response was rude and abrupt and they demanded breakfast in the room. We were happy to accommodate them.

The quality of our breakfast has never before been criticized in this manner. If any guest is ever unhappy with a dish or prefers something prepared differently, we go out of our way to prepare something to their liking. Had the guest advised us of their dissatisfaction with the meal before they ate half of it and came to the lobby to check out, we would have been happy to make them something else and offered to do so at that time.

A TripAdvisor Member
Maryland
Reviewed April 26, 2006

My husband and I were recently married at Gramercy Mansion, and we also enjoyed our first night as husband and wife there. We had a wonderful and extremely memorable wedding and overnight stay there. Our wedding was small and intimate and everything we both imagined. Gramercy's staff was helpful and obviously there if we needed, but also gave us our privacy when needed during our ceremony. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL in the spring. It's a very charming and romantic place, both house and grounds. There's no hustle and bustle and crowds, just the way we like it. The rooms have a huge amount of character which we both appreciated - from antique furniture, to some of the modern conveniences like a jacuzzi tub in the room we stayed in overnight. We felt we were really able to concentrate on each other there - no distractions. I would also highly recommend their romance packages - flower petals and lit votive candles all over the room - awesome. Breakfast the next morning at Gramercy is wonderful too. I would recommend Gramercy to anyone who wants to spend some peaceful quiet time with their spouse or significant other, in a very romantic setting with lots of natural beauty. The owners and staff have done an awesome job with this place.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2006

Have read many reviews of the Gramercy, and am suprised at the wide range of ratings. Most are high (5), and a few low (1). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and found the staff friendly and helpful. My rating is up there because it really was nice. To insure your visit is good, you must be flexible, and if something is wrong - tell the owner/manager, as they really do want to know.

• Stayed: September 1999
2  Thank Anbrugo
A TripAdvisor Member
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2006

Though having only stayed there on business (more than six times)I've found that with its lovely surroundings, elegant rooms, beautiful general areas and a very accommodating staff... my stays have always been enjoyable, in a tranquil atmosphere... no matter how hectic the day was.
I look forward to returning every time...! Being a romantic at heart, it is definitely the type of place I would like to spend a romantic getaway! Oh, and by the way... at this B&B, breakfast is great...!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business