“Great couples getaway.”
Review of Gramercy Mansion

Gramercy Mansion
Ranked #2 of 11 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary and at the last minute, I decided to book a room at the Gramercy Mansion. Actually booking last minute, paid off because we got a discount. They even let us check in early. This was our first time staying at the mansion but it will certainly not be our last. We booked the Tudor room which was absolutely perfect. I loved the beautiful and romantic look and feel of the room. We also loved the walk out porch/patio which overlooked one of the very beautiful gardens. It was so comfortable to sit and just take in all of the beauty of the flowers and butterflies. The bathroom was very large with a double whirlpool tub and a separate shower. The towels and robes they provided were pure luxury. Everything was very clean. There were even candles in our bathroom to add to the romance. The huge king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The biggest thing we noticed was how quiet it was. If you needed someone you could easily find them however you didn't seem to run into anyone. We truly felt like we were the only ones there. That was such a wonderful feeling. The pool was a little too cold for us to swim however it too was clean and quiet. We were given a menu to choose what we wanted for breakfast the next morning. The selection was awsome. Just about anything you could want was on there. You got to customize your entire breakfast and decide what time you wished to eat. They even had coffee sitting outside our door at the time my husband requested. The room had a microwave, fridge, utensils and glassware. We went for our breakfast at our requested time and it was amazing! We sat on the terrace surrounded by gardens. The tables were covered with beautiful linens and fresh flowers. Bill (who is a great guy) served us our breakfast on beautiful china. It all was absolutely delicious. I don't know what else I can say. It was an amazing night. One we will not forget anytime soon. My husband is talking about going back soon. He said the only thing he would change is that he would stay the weekend instead of just one night. Accomodations=Amazing Staff=Amazing Property = Amazing Food = Amazing

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Karen B

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here for our 10th Anniversary. We stayed in the Camelot. It was quaint and quiet the weekend we stayed. The food was great the grounds well kept. Would try to get a deal as paying full price is a bit high. But a nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank JeffnJillian
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Have stayed here twice. Rooms are large and comfortable. Be sure to reserve time to fully utilize the whole facility. Breakfast was superb. First time here, I ran out and skipped breakfast- big mistake- be sure to eat it! Second, save time to swim in the pool, read on the terrace and walk down thru the gardens.

Room Tip: any will do
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandford B
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I checked in for a surprise birthday stay that I had planned for him. After a couple of hours on the property we started to get ready for a special birthday dinner downtown. On our way downtown, I received a horrible phone call that my sister and her three kids had gotten into a horrible car accident. We spent the entire night in the ER and we obviously did not stay our night at the Gramercy Mansion. My husband called the next day, and a nice gentleman told him that he would surely refund the room and the spa package that we booked. My husband had called back the next day to tell them we had their key and the manager said she was unable to refund or credit our stay since we received a discount on the room. She said that she was the manager and that the other guy had no right to make that call. After going through the traumatic event of the accident, this was the last thing we needed. The manager was very cold and not compassionate to our situation. She kept talking about how we used the room for a few hours and they could not rent the room to anyone else. The place was nearly empty that night. We are disgusted and appalled by the behavior of the manager. Apparently the $200 we paid is more important to her than accommodating her guests or her business's reputation. A bed & breakfast should treat their guests with warmth, at the Gramcery Mansion we were treated as a number.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Amy H
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. We do sincerely appreciate all guest feedback, both positive and negative, as it allows us to improve our services and accommodations. We understand that emergencies arise and we are sympathetic to guests who need to cancel their reservations due to a medical or family emergency. The circumstances of your hasty departure are very unfortunate and we are so sorry that such a traumatic event interrupted a special birthday celebration. We apologize that you were unable to fully enjoy an overnight getaway. Our manager's decision to refund only your spa package was based on several factors: you received a special discounted room rate ($100 off) when booking; the room was not cancelled, in fact, an early check-in at 12:30 p.m. was provided; the entire room had been used (bed, bath tub, coffee maker, etc.) along with amenities on the property; and we were not advised of your early departure until the following morning. We hope that you can understand why we cannot fully refund your reservation. Accidents and emergencies are beyond any of our control and once again we are very sorry that this happened on the evening of your stay at Gramercy. We have continued to keep your family in our thoughts.

Thanks again.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We needed a place to stay in MD on a four-day drive from NJ to Florida. My mother had passed away, and we were heading south to settle her estate, in a very stressed-out and subdued state of mind. We too had been upgraded to the Tudor room, as the first room wasn't ready for our early arrival. I'd stayed in hundreds of B&Bs across 25 years of travel, but my jaw dropped when I saw this room. I felt as if I'd been transported in time to the height of the Edwardian era. From the velvet curtains to the huge fireplace, the jacuzzi for two that actually gave a powerful body massage, and the massive and extremely comfortable bed, this was exactly the comforting medicine we needed to move forward after a 6-hour drive, with another 6-hour drive coming the following day. Breakfast was served on fine china, and also was outstanding. I liked having a choice of items from a full multi-course breakfast (filled out on a menu the night before), rather than being force-fed granola, or the limited preference of the innkeeper (experiences I've had in other supposedly elegant locations). The little touches - cookies and tea on greeting at the front desk, the interesting rooms and various antiques for sale throughout, and the exemplary, top-class service by Bill Duffy - all added up to one of the most outstanding B&B stays I've had in 25 years. I have only one suggestion for improvement - please pave the long driveway leading up to this visually stunning property! A fitness room - not just a treadmill, but weightlifting equipment - also would be a nice addition. The property is on a nice country road, yet close to the downtown (post office, nice restaurants, etc.). It's not inexpensive, but regardless of what you pay, you will definitely feel you got your money's worth, and more.

Room Tip: I honestly don't think there's a bad room in the house. Check their websites - there are va...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I and my wife needed a place to stay on a last-minute trip to Baltimore, and Gramercy mansion came up as a recommended B&B on TripAdvisor. We booked for a Monday evening and the front desk staffer had no issue with us coming in late. When we arrived, we found out that we had been mysteriously upgraded from the room we had booked to a much larger and more luxurious room (the "Tudor") free of charge! The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept well. The next morning, we had a wonderful breakfast on the patio, listening to the birds and looking out over the garden. The grounds of the mansion are beautiful and there are many walking paths through well-kept gardens. The interior of the mansion is almost a museum - I would not recommend visiting with small children - and has many works of art, stuffed animals, and antique furniture throughout. We did use the Internet briefly, it had a strong signal and we had no issues getting online.

Overall, wonderful service and both I and my wife cannot recommend Gramercy strongly enough.

Room Tip: Tudor room has whirlpool tub and looks out over the gardens
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skybolt_1
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Staying at Gramercy mansion was a complete surprise. My dentist, Dr. Baylin recommended it, and although it was just a bit off the beaten path, it was well worth the adventure. I live in Manhattan, and I'm extremely choosey when it comes to accommodation. From beginning to end Gramercy Mansion rocked. I was treated with respect, compassion and efficiency. The room was luxurious with whirlpool tub, comfy kingsize bed, fireplace, and the best of all--QUIET. No noisy neighbors--just complete peace. Breakfast was yummy, and afterwards I took a stroll in the beautiful countryside. There are an assortment of rooms that the owner happily allowed me to peek into. I was impressed with all of them. She even offered me one with a terrance for my next stay, so I can take my tea in the sunlight. I was in heaven. Highly recommend. Perfect getaway. Just lovely.

Room Tip: I loved my room! Top floor with fireplace.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo