“Brian has another hit on his hands!”
Review of Aggio - Baltimore

Aggio - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
Aggio - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 2,037 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef Bryan Voltaggio approach to Italian cuisine utilizing local ingredients at Power Plant Live!, Baltimore's premier dining and entertainment destination located one block from the Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Changing daily, the menu combines Voltaggio's Italian heritage with his comprehensive vantage point of local Mid-Atlantic agricultural traditions.
Wash DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brian has another hit on his hands!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our first visit to Aggio's and it was to celebrate my birthday.

The food was delicious; impeccable service, with acknowledgement to Chris, Christine, Miles and Keiana, who are to be commended for professionalism and attention to detail. It's simply a great experience.

Plans to upgrade the Restroom Amenities (hand towels, soap, lotion) is the next project and that will add the finishing touch

Can't wait to get back.

baltimore
“the emporer has no clothes”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

needs much tighter management.

leonard dined on 7/11/2014

$284.00,plus tip,for 2 people ( one drink and one bottle of wine. A confused and obsequious staff and barely passable food.) If this restaurant survives it will be a tribute to a gullible and easily intimidated public.

I would not recommend this to a friend.

3 Thank lennypie
Baltimore, Maryland
“A Grand Birthday Celebration!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

As I approached my 70th birthday a few months ago, my wife recommended that we celebrate this milestone at Bryan Voltaggio's new restaurant; soon to open in Baltimore. So, we waited for it to open, and last evening enjoyed a memorable dinner courtesy of Bryan and his [already accomplished] staff.

The décor of this new restaurant is stunning - simple, yet elegant. We were seated in the right, rear of the dining room - which proved to be about as perfect a place to sit and quietly enjoy a romantic dinner.

I ordered one of Aggio's signature cocktails, The King of Cool - expertly crafted by Dane Nakamura. With the knowledgeable assistance of Keith Goldston, the sommelier, we at first tasted, and then selected, a bottle of Pinot Bianco from the Alto Adige region of Italy.

In addition to bread sticks on the table, we were served Parmesan funnel cakes, and some yummy homemade bread accompanied by whipped ricotta and whipped mortadella.

My wife and I shared the Tuna Crudo appetizer, which was excellent! For our main courses, she had the Strozzapreti with oxtail ragu, pine nuts, celery, cara cara orange, and bitter chocolate. I had the Chatham Cod with faro al vino rosso, fennel, and leeks grilled over hickory wood. Both dishes were delicious!

And, I cannot say enough kind things about the wait staff: Devin, our waiter, and his assistant, Dorian, attended to our every need. Unobtrusive and efficient, they made the whole experience very enjoyable. And, a big plus in our book for this upscale restaurant: the wait staff were appropriately dressed - coat and tie and no blue jeans! One of the managers, Dave, came by our table to introduce himself. In short - we were treated like royalty!

At the end of our fantastic experience, we were able to tell Bryan directly how much we enjoyed our meals, and how grateful we were to him and his staff. This restaurant is a great addition to the Baltimore dining scene!

Frederick, Maryland, Usa
“Baltimore restaurant scene just got an upgrade!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Everything was so wonderful I don't know where to start.
Aggio - Baltimore just open on June 26th. My wife and I went on the restaurant's first Saturday evening - a test for any restaurant.
The interior hovers comfortably between casual and formal with gray and black colors predominating - colors carried over to the staff uniforms. The lighting is very nice. We had reservations and were seated quickly although the place appeared quite full. As this was the first Saturday evening service, there were gaps of time between dishes, but I was not surprised and it didn't bother me at all. The manager did comment on this to us, which was completely unnecessary especially given that we wanted to linger for some time. and were not in any hurry.
As in Chef Voltaggio's other restaurants, there is a choice of a fixed price tasting menu and an a la carte menu. To add to the experience, there is a wine pairing available for the tasting menu. We went a la carte.
In short: really, everything was exceptional. We had:
Tuna Crudo with a wonderfully contrasting blood orange sugo.
Charred Octopus with fabulous texture and flavor. If you haven't had Octopus - have it here!
Lobster with basil pesto and smoked trout roe. The pesto almost out-shined the lobster.
Lasagna with lamb bolognese. There must have been 20 layers of the finest pasta I've ever had. Rich and delicious.
Chatham cod with fennel and hickory-grilled leeks. Both the cod and the rockfish were done so perfectly!
Rockfish with fermented cucumber mint and summer squash. Flaky, beautiful to look at and wonderful to put in your mouth.
Porchetta with spring onions. This was so rich, I took one bit and knew I had to bring it home.
While we did not have dessert, I would stake my reputation that they are gorgeous to look at and as delicious as they look.
The wine list was put together by Master Sommelier Keith Goldston who also put the wine list at Range together - fun to read and filled with wine to complement every palate and dish and, importantly, price.
It is apparent that the discrete servers have been very well trained. Dishes are served to all guests simultaneously and cleared in the same fashion. You may not even notice some of the touches that Chef Voltaggio has incorporated into service.
We drove an hour to go the Aggio - Baltimore and are very happy we did!

• Visited June 2014