“Very Good & Convenient Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Nice hotel situated in the East Harbor within walking distance of Inner Harbor, Little Italy restaurants, and a little longer walk to Fells Point. Suite was nice, good bed, clean, and one of the quietest hotel rooms I have ever had. Free breakfast was good with excellent service. Free draft beer and wine happy hour. Front desk help were friendly and provided accurate directions to one attraction I visited during my 4 day conference. Minor issue with slow bathroom drains. Odd hotel because both Homewood Suites and the Hilton Garden Inn are in the same building, sharing a front desk. If your cab driver or shuttle service doesn't know where one hotel is - they may know the other. Nice mid priced restaurant/irish pub across the street.
If you are returning to BWI airport I would suggest taking a taxi $30 + tip. Shuttle service was unreliable from this location because a prior shuttle stop is a large conference hotel. Although I had a shuttle reservation I waited 45 min - then had to take a cab.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TJbuffalo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed September 28, 2010

The suite cost $189 per night, but you got a FULL breakfast & dinner that made the cost more reasonable. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cereal, french toast, fruit, etc. One night for dinner we had red & white wine plus beer. The dinner included salad, soup, the main meal, sides & dessert (ccokies). The food was for all guests, not just the ones there for business. The monthly menu was posted on the fridge in the room. This is the first time I've been to a hotel that gave you dinner! The hotel is a few long blocks from the Inner Habor, but it is walkable with confortable shoes. I throughly enjoyed my stay! P.S. After checkout time we stored our luggage at the hotel for no extra fee & went shopping. When we returned the staff retrieved our luggage & we went home.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I called the day before and explained that I was travelling with my husband and 2 year old and that if there was any way we could check in earlier than the standard 3pm check in time it woud be greatly appreciated. I was told that they could not make any promises, but would make a note and try to fulfill my request. When we arrived at 9:30am the next morning, they had a room waiting for us! It made our stay so much easier. Great location. Loved being in a clean, safe area within walking distance to the Inner Harbor. Having a Whole Foods next store was a plus. The complimentary happy hour during the week was really nice. Complimentary hot breakfast was good, especially the waffles. Room was clean. Bed was comfy. Looks like most rooms have partial view of Inner Harbor (ours did). Had a convenient business center where we were able to print out boarding passes. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

The staff at this Homewood Suites was terrific. Check-in at the front desk took about a minute and the desk clerk was very welcoming. Several staff in the lobby at various times, including a cleaning lady, stopped to say hello and please enjoy my stay.

The folks working at the breakfast and cocktail hour were exceedingly friendly and very helpful. A manager (it seemed) greeted us and told us to please enjoy our food. An older gentleman helped himself to the entire plate of chocolate chip cookies (!) and carried a spilling glass of wine, filled to the brim, over the carpet to his table. The staff was very nice to him, calling him 'sir', asking him if there was anything they could get him, and bringing his special request right away from the kitchen. (I would have kicked him to the curb, myself. He was being quite a piggie.)

The room was very nice. It was a corner room, so maybe nicer than a regular room. Very clean. Nice view of Inner Harbor, although it is too bad the Hopkins Business School building is in front, blocking the view. Convenient location. Would love to stay here again.

My impression was that this hotel must be very well managed and the staff happy to work here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank trvl2
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed the weekend - checked in Friday afternoon and left Sunday AM.
Very near the Inner Harbor attractions - just across the street really. Near the water taxi. Lots of shops right on the same block or two - Whole foods, lots of restaurants, Starbucks next door.
There is a small area to pull over and to check -in - maybe enough room for 4 or 5 cars if they parked efficiently. I walked in around 2:30 - was told no rooms cleaned yet - REALLY, full hotel from a Thursday night - maybe - lobby looked to be crowded w/ waiting guests. Building -and lobby shared with Hilton hotel. Front deck employees work both desks - can be kinda hectic. I eventually saw one bellman - never saw a valet parking attentedant - so good luck w/ that. We stored a few items w/ the bellman before going around to the back of the building to park.
Parking - self park for $23 a day - if you don't plan on going/coming or $25 for coming/going privledges. No luggage carriers. Elevators to take you to the lobby.
Room layout - IMO, a bad design - we had an end room - so upside we had two sides of windows and somewhat of a sm. view of the harbor, but, this also meant more street noice - which on the 5th floor, at night was significant. I had poor sleep due to this. We had a long "deadspace" entry way - which for us worked - we kept our stroller there and also set up the ironing board. Then the kitchen, sm - but, decent was off to the right and opened up into LR - couch, chair, desk, plasma TV (this was a big negative - nice TV set - very poor reception! it was satelight and only about 30 channels and 1/2 had poor or no reception?). The bedroom was off to the left - decent size w/ king - we had room to put the pack n play in the corner. Nice bed and lots of pillows (husband loved the pillows). Then you walk into the bathroom area - where the sink and closet is - no door to this area - the bathtub/shower combo and toilet is doored off - but, awkward to get in and out of w/ the door set up.
My complaint is why have the bathroom in the bedroom and why no door to the sink area - if someone is sleeping (sm child) you have to go in there and the light shines in thier face and it is noisey. It worked out "ok" - but, IMO poor design layout. Most 1 bedrooms or suites I have stayed in b4 - had a different layout w/ the bedroom completely separate - which I prefer.
I paid ~$160 (no tax,etc) with the John Hopkins discount - not bad in consideration to other suite style hotels further away from the harbor.
Back to check -in - we finally got in our room a little after 3PM (check in was at 3) - no biggie -but, hard to beleive no rooms available at 2:30. Service was medicore at best.
Great breakfast - each AM - hot eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and another dish (which changed). And yogurts, fruits, cereals, breads, muffins, bagels,. etc - nice big area.
Gym was fantastic - had 3 pools - huge work out area and state of the art equipment.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stay at this hotel while my husband receives treatment at Johns Hopkins. A great value and the food is excellent. Accommodations come with a guest membership to the adjoining MAC gym which is top class. All of our stays have been exceptional--we have stayed at this hotel for about 30 days this year. The staff treated us like family. Can't say enough good things about the place. And it is convenient to the harbor, great restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The location of the hotel is great. It's a very nice, clean, safe neighborhood that a very "new" feel to it. Nice stores nearby, a coffee shop and theater basically connected to the hotel. It was a pleasant, maybe 10-15 minute walk to the Aquarium and all of the sites in that area. Service was fantastic. After getting back home, I realized I had left my laptop and its bag under the bed. I called the hotel, they found the bag and laptop and sent it back to me without charging me for shipping.

Our room was on the end which, while it was a far walk from the elevator, ended up being nice because our room was laid out in a more open arrangement that some of our traveling companions. It was really, very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was more than adequate.

I will give some very small negatives... there weren't enough towels for each of us to use more than one per day but it was easily fixed by the cleaning staff. Parking really is a bit tricky to find (it's around the building on the street behind the front entrance, next to a chocolate shop) and paying was a bit confusing. Basically, if you're just parking your car and not moving it, don't put the parking charge on your hotel bill, just pay at the ATM-like machine when you leave. If you need to be in and out, then let the hotel charge you. Again, it is a little confusing but easily explained by the front desk staff.

If we ever find ourselves in Baltimore again, we will absolutely stay at this hotel. No need to even look anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family