“Beyond expectation. A comfort.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Virginia
“Beyond expectation. A comfort.”
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I will always feel gratitude for this hotel. A relative was at Johns Hopkins Hospital for two weeks for two difficult surgeries and major recovery. The hotel provided 2 cab vouchers to the hospital/day and a warm breakfast and dinner four days a week. The rooms were spotless and comfortable (minus the sofa bed, but I forgive them for that completely). There were multiple warm fireplaces and comfortable nooks throughout the building. Staff was friendly and kind. There were posters advertising free access to a gym, had I wanted to use it. The hotel is in a prime location and cabs are always available in the front. It's a short walk to good restaurants and better yet, a Whole Foods and a CVS. The wireless was free and easy to access. The price for our suite was so unbelievable I'm afraid to mention it. Anyone needing to stay in Baltimore to be near family at JHH should absolutely call this hotel and ask for the rate they offer for Hopkins-related stays. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CaptAdventure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
TOWSON
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Big suites, Very clean and new. however you are on your own. Bath Fan ran all night, no parking no valet no help. Parking behind hotel is a walk and cost 22 per day they do not validate. The breakfast is like a hot mess barely classified as breakfast.
Marriot waterfront is a better choice free parking and more people to help you.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I stayed at the Homewood Suites on October 31st, for one night, just a retreat. I called the hotel at about 1pm to inquire about an early check-in and was told I could check in now.
When I arrived at 1:30, I was assisted by Krystal (very nice young lady), who informed me a suite was ready for me & tod me everything the hotel offered its guests. Unlike many of the other reviews, it was easy for me determine which hotel was which as there were signs posted. After checking in, I took the elevator up to my suite and was impressed. It was very clean. Everything was in great condition.
It was quiet and relaxing, no noise from the suite above or next to me. I think the have great insulaltion & soundproofing, which you don't get in other hotels. I didn't mind the limited cable channels as I spent time reading or on the net. The high speed connection was good.
The MAC was great, free access for hotel guests.
The next morning I went down to see what was on the menu for breakfast. It was pretty much what the other reviews stated: sausage, bacon, omelets, scambled eggs, waffles, potatoes, hot/cold cereal, fruit, danishes, yogurt, coffee & juice.
They did express check-out, so there's no need to wait in line as I didn't accrue any charges.
Despite some of the other reviews, I didn't have any trouble with my HH certificate. I was treated well.

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelingMamaMd
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 21, 2009

My husband and I spent the weekend exploring Baltimore - mostly the Inner Harbor area - and were quite happy with our stay here. Once we got past the confusion of the shared lobby/entrance and parking (tip: call the hotel ahead to get directions straight to the parking garage, and plan for delays at the single elevator to the garage), things went smoothly. We had plenty of room to spread out, and everything in our room seemed pretty new and clean. (The bathroom could have used better lighting in the toilet/tub area, though.) Breakfast on the weekend was a bit of a mob scene on day 1, so on day 2 I snuck down there early to get cereal and milk - stashed them in our fridge and went back to sleep for a few more hours! We'd stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank exncgal
New York City
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was perfect for a family with small children. The studio suite was perfect for a family of four. The room had plenty of light, nice kitchenette, king size bed with a pull out couch. Loved the flat screen that would easily turn to face the living area or the king size bed. The rooms were very clean. The hotel also provided free wireless and use of gym and indoor pool, as well as, free continental breakfast and afternoon snack on weekday. The location was perfect. We walked with stroller in tow to all the sites and museums in Inner Harbor, including the Children's Museum. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Northern NJ
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My husband and took our 3 kids ages 9 and 3 to the inner harbor the last weekend in August. This hotel was a great deal. We paid $199/night for a 2 room suite. One room had two double beds and the other a small kitchen/living room. Our only complaint is that the only TV channels for the kids were PBS (at night shows are for adults) and Cartoon Network. NO DVD or VCR in the room. All the kids shows like Disney Channel, NICK, etc had to be rented which I thought was a rip-off at $5.99 to see an episode of Arthur or Dora. Bring a portable DVD player if your kids watch a movie before bed or naptime. The room was recently renovated and was very up to date and clean. Hallways and lobby of hotel were modern and clean as well. Included in the cost of the room was breakfast for everyone. Both days hot breakfast was served...pancakes, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, yogurt, eggs, bagel, etc. Also included, was a light dinner served between 5-7pm in the same room as breakfast. We didn't realize this was available until the 2nd night. We were pleasantly surprised that stuffed shells, green beans, salad, drinks & WINE were served as well as cookies. There was a dinner menu posted on the fridge in our room so we thought we would give it a try and it was great..especially since it was free for a family of five. The location is great. It is in walking distance to aquarium, science center, Little Italy and inner harbor. We even walked to Camden Yards one night to see a Yankee game. Also, not bell hops so you have to take your luggage up and down from your room which wasn't a big deal since they had luggage carts. Overall it was definately a good choice.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Stayed with family (2 rooms) here quite recently and loved the location. It's easy walking distance to the Inner Harbor (the ads say it's on the harbor but not true, there is a hotel between this location and the water) and rooms were clean, comfortable and service was friendly and helpful. The front desk is a bit confusing as you check in on one side of the lobby while the other is another Hilton hotel so be sure to stay to the left! Parking is quite convenient and accessible through an elevator in the lobby so in case of poor weather you can get to/from your vehicle without event. The breakfast room (included in price) is above average though the room in which it's served is hardly cozy...a very large room with a television about a mile away at the other end from where we were seated. But, food selection was very good, egg dishes and bacon etc. for hot choices. Overall, this is a place we liked and would stay again with little thought to the plethora of other choices in the area. Price? Probably OK for the area due to location.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family