“Fantastic location - Clean, Safe, Relaxing”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hi. We stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites Baltimore for a Saturday night in July. We wanted something close to the Inner Harbor, but also in a nice area that we'd feel comfortable walking around late at night. As we read some questionable reviews of the downtown Baltimore hotels, we decided for a hotel in the Little Italy/Fells Point area. We never stayed here before, but being the hotel was right across from a Four Season's and Marriott, figured it would be a nice area, and it was!
The hotel is right by the waterfront, and about a 5 mins walk to the Inner Harbor / Power Plant area. Tons of people walking back and forth during the day. Fewer at night, but still fine. Also many good restaurants right outside the hotel, and if you feel like cooking (on vacation?) there is a Whole Foods around the corner.
We got a king studio, which included a small Kitchenette..I believe all rooms have them. The room was organized well, in that the bed and "living room" were separated by a desk and TV...good setup. Bathroom and sink also good size.
The hotel offered complimentary breakfast, which was on the normal side...eggs, bagels, cereal, OJ, coffee, etc... not outstanding, but very nice for free.
During your stay you also got use of the Maryland Athletic Club, which was attached to the hotel. Very nice fitness center! Tons of treadmills, weights, and nice pools. I used Sunday early morning, so was empty.
Parking...seems to be pricey everywhere in Baltimore. hotel offered Valet for I think $32. However, the attached public garage was $23 for 24hrs, which worked well for us. However no in/out...which was fine as we just left the car for the day.
Overall very satisfied and would stay here again! I have it 4 stars as opposed to 5 due to the price. The list price of $189 for our Sat night was alot, but if you get it at through a discount website it's a great deal.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steve7515
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us so much! The newly developed Harbor East neighborhood certainly has a lot to offer and I am pleased you found the suite so comfortable. Thank you for taking time to let us know and we look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel for conferences that were at the Marriott a block away. I saved my company money and the short walk is a nice one to just get some fresh air. I recommend this hotel as a great value and good location. The only negative is the breakfast room. It seems a little worn and could use an update.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for continuing to choose the Homewood Suites Baltimore for your business travels and I appreciate the detail you shared about the Homewood Lodge for breakfast. This is helpful to us inidentifying immediate needs. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel is right by the water in a beautiful upscale neighborhood, Harbor East. The staff is amazing! The free breakfast and dinner with beer/wine was great! Sam who works the dining room for this was so nice and helpful. Only area of concern was the cleanliness. I am glad I brought Lysol wipes to wipe down the cabinets, floors and bathroom. The carpet was stained and the room had a smell of body odor. Wished for queen beds instead of the two doubles bc with a family of four that is a tight area to sleep. Overall, I would come back for location and the people. I have never been to a city with such nice people!

• Stayed: July 2014
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed the service you received so much! I am very sorry for the cleanliness level that you encountered as that is not indicative of our standard. I appreciate you letting us know as we will follow up with the appropriate department. Again, thank you and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room was kind of a mess. The bed was SO saggy on my side that it hurt & I had to sleep in the middle to keep from rolling off. Two lamps didn't work, closet was broken, microwave was sticky, brown finger prints on gauze curtain etc... But, the space is well set up and the full kitchen is GREAT. The lobby was nice & the staff was pretty good too -- valets especially. A little pricey for quality but not totally outrageous considering the money saved on free in room internet, free breakfast & ability too cook rather than eat out for lunch & dinner.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations, as that is our goal. I am pleased you enjoyed the service you received, however I am embarrassed that the quality of the bed was not perfect as that is very important to the overall comfort of a stay! I have already forwarded your comments about the room cleanliness to the department manager for their re-training and follow-up as is evidenced by your comments. Again, I am sorry and I appreciate you letting us know. I hope to welcome you back in the future for an excellent visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Three of our children, ages 10, 12 and 17, joined my husband and I for the 2014 4th of July celebration at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. We love going to the Inner Harbor for the Independence Day Holiday and festivities - we have gone for the last four years. We've stayed in a different hotel each time. This year we decided to try Homewood Suites. We need at least a one bedroom unit with the three children.
We were so pleased with our stay at Homewood! Beginning with the room - it was nice, roomy, nice kitchen facilities and very clean. We were on the 9th floor. The only negative was the view...which was of the side of the office building next to us. One other issue was the scent in the room. It was apparent room 964 had previously been designated a smoking room. Back to the positives, I had requested a rollaway bed upon check in and they delivered a decent portable twin.
The valet parking cost has been mentioned in quite a few of the reviews, and I do have to add to that complaint. $32/day is high, but unfortunately in line with others we've stayed at, i.e. the Lord Baltimore and Springhill Suites by Marriott. The valet manager, however (I believe his name was Domingo), was outstanding! He was professional, courteous, and accommodating. We checked out of the room at 11am on the day of checkout but wanted to walk down to the harbor for one more shopping trip and lunch. They had already brought us our car so we could load it up with our luggage. Domingo told me we had until 5pm for the valet service, so they happily took the car back to the garage and retrieved it one last time for us a few hours later :-)
The location of this hotel is great...it's in a nice section of Harbor East/Little Italy. It's just a couple of blocks walk to the Harbor.
I've saved the best for last...the service! EVERYONE at this hotel goes above and beyond, in a very genuine way to please you! Our first experience with this was when we had dinner at the restaurant that connects the Hilton Garden Inn to the Homewood Suites, The Great American Grill, our first night. My sons and my husband had tickets to the Orioles/Texas Rangers game - start time 7:05pm. It had started pouring around 5pm, so we opted to wait it out and eat at the hotel, keeping our fingers crossed that the game would not be rained out. Since it was Thursday, we were in time for the complimentary dinner and drink service they had in the Homewood restaurant lounge. The ravioli, two sauces and garlic bread looked fine, but not plentiful enough for our family (the chafing dishes looked like they needed to be replenished). There was a also a keg of beer - we didn't have any but I did hear two men complaining that the keg was empty. So...we headed to hotel restaurant. We were served by Natasha, who was wonderful and so accommodating. After we finished dinner, she told us she had spoken to her manager and that she was going to comp my glass of wine and my husband's beer, along with three off - the - menu desserts for each of our kids because we didn't care for the complimentary light dinner being offered. WOW! I can't think of many other hotel chains that would even care what we thought, let alone back up that concern with a considerable credit to the bill! The next night, just a few minutes prior to closing, I went to the bar attached to the Great American Grill for a glass of wine. Natasha was tending bar. She immediately recognized me and tried to remember what type of wine I had ordered the night before. When she realized they were out of that particular brand, she opened a new bottle of another type, and poured a splash for me to test to see if I liked it as much. Natasha was fantastic!!!
Finally, I have to tell you about Tek from the Homewood Suites breakfast shift. He was the kindest, most considerate hotel employee I have ever come across. My husband was sitting at a table at the breakfast enjoying a cup of coffee, but waiting for the rest of us to come down so we could all eat together. Tek was concerned that my husband wasn't eating anything and tried several times to see if he could ask the chef to make him something more to his liking. Unbelievable! I mean, this was a complimentary breakfast we were being served. BTW...both days the offerings were great. Four hot chafing dishes were out each day, with dishes such as vegetable frittatta, cheese omelets, breakfast potatoes, cream chipped beef over biscuits, sausage and Canadian bacon. There was also a Belgian waffler along with an assortment of breads, muffins, danish, etc.. You could also choose from at least three types of cereal, yogurt and whole fruit. I saw three different types of juice along with coffee and tea.
Tek continued to check back with us that morning, as well as the following morning to see that we were happy and having enough to eat. He was wonderful.
Last but not least, the health club was huge and beautiful. There is a racquetball room, a weight room, a spin room with many bikes, so many separate, enclosed rooms that served one purpose or another. The open part of the gym was huge, with too many cardio and nautilus machines to mention. There was also a large facility with a few lap pools, as well as a general pool for families. The locker room/restroom facilities went on for miles with beautiful wood lockers. The whole facility was very clean.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay at Homewood best out of the four Inner Harbor hotels we've been to so far. Keep up the good work! We will definitely be back :-)

2  Thank mommylau
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such details following your visit to Baltimore. The hotel team has been very focused on guest service initiatives and I am thrilled that they exceeded your expectations! I also noted your feedback about parking and perhaps the next time you visit, you may find the self-parking option more benefitcial. While this does not allow for in and out privileges as valet parking allows, it is less expensive. Thank you, again, and I look forward to sharing your comments with the hotel team!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Homewood Suites has become the last bastion of families that travel. Lots of unattended kids running amok gives a bad impression that is not entirely the hotels fault. Breakfast can go south in a hurry when the food gets overwhelmed by the kids-long lines and wait for food. Never seen kids around so much open liquor before-not my particular concern-but odd anyway. The room was nice and large. Too bad the hotel goes down under a sea of kids.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry for the impact to your visit that the numerous families created and we will certainly review our Homewood Suites Reception offerings during periods such as this. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel for future visits.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just returned from 3 nights at this property. What a great find in the Inner Harbor! We stayed in room 1266 which was much larger then the average suite, I would recommend requesting a room in this line if you could. The hotel staff (especially Sam & Tek in the breakfast room) were all incredibly helpful and accommodating to our needs. The hotel also has an awesome roof deck, a great place to let your kids run around and just sit for a while. Be sure to check it out!

The only negatives were:
1) The hotel parking fee. At $23 (or $33) is very high. There hotel should offer comped parking for guests.
2) The a/c in the room is not great. The main vent and thermostat was in the bedroom, so when that door was closed the living room was warm. Which on a hot summer day was not great, but very doable.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1266. A corner suite and much bigger then the rest.
1  Thank EK08904

Thank you for such lovely feedback about your visit to the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the service you received so much! I also appreciate your feedback about parking costs and I will forward this information to the parking operator for their review so they ensure they remain competetive in a busy city center. I look forward to sharing your comments with the hotel team and we hope to welcome you back in the future.