“Good price for the area”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good price for the area”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Chose this hotel for its lower price than others that were also within walking distance of both the Inner Harbor and Fells Point areas. Convenient. Very nice suite room. Kitchen area amazing and would be great for a long stay or with family. Comfortable bed. Only disappointments were the price of parking, price of movie rentals, and the small number of HD channels. Typical hotel breakfast nicely served. DIdn't try out the exercise room.

Room Tip: Chose not to pay more to get a room with a view; what we got was fine, facing the harbor we could s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your hotel visit so much and appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. I have shared your comments about parking prices with the operator as they are committed to ensuring the experience is on par with Baltimore City. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back for future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
New York, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Big, bright rooms, very comfortable, friendly, lots of restaurants around. Well priced. Walking distance from Baltimore's features. Since we will be visiting Baltimore again (son at Johns Hopkins U), we look forward to returning to this hotel.

Florida City, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was in town for the birth of my nephew with my family and the staff here was just amazing. I cant not remember the women's name at the front desk but she had a big red flower in her hair the two days we were there. Customer service was great and the room was clean each day while we were out. Never had to call for anything it was all in the room. I will be traveling to Baltimore more often and I plan to return to the Homewood Suites each time

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am thrilled you enjoyed Lindsey's service so much and I look forward to sharing your comments during our afternoon team meeting!
JOHNSTOWN, PA
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I recently spent 5 nights here with my daughter. I had business in town and she decided to come along. We found the hotel easily but the parking garage was a little trickier.

My reservation was made through a group reservation which forgot to include my Hilton Honors number and didn't request my smoking room. I called the night before because I didn't get my usual reminder email and they added my Hilton number to the reservation but said they were out of smoking rooms.

When we arrived I again asked about a smoking room and Lindsay tried to get me one since they had some available. Since it was a group reservation she had to work her magic but she did and it also came with an upgrade from a studio suite to a regular suite. Thank you Lindsay. The front desk staff was the best. I really didn't require anything else from them other then to verify check out time but they always said hello and were very friendly.

I've stayed at Homewood before and the room was to be expected except for the awesome view. We had a corner room (1251) and we loved it. The furniture was pretty new and the whole suite was very nice. Lots of electrical plugs and space for my daughter and I. We had two double beds in the bedroom. We never turned on the bedroom TV but used the one in the main room. Movies were typically overpriced but we did find a $4.99 one we liked and then they also had special $5 off more expensive ones. That's how we relaxed in the evening, watching a movie and enjoying the view.

Bathroom was very clean and fairly large with the vanity area outside of it. One disappointment was they didn't have mouthwash which I'm used to at Hilton properties. I had a small bottle and we conserved. We didn't require our room to be cleaned each day and instead only asked for service once in the middle of our stay. The housekeeper even ran the dishwasher which we didn't expect her to do. Kitchen had plates, glasses, etc. for 3 people. Nice apartment size fridge. We didn't use the stove but used the nice new clean microwave often with our leftovers and meals from Whole Foods.

We only had one dinner at the hotel lounge because we stayed over the weekend and of the two nights available to us only one sounded good. It wasn't. Breakfast was subpar also. I was not impressed with their lounge but will note some good things. Sam who worked there was friendly, helpful and on the job. The other workers there were not. I did see a manager there once who was nice but he really needs to check on these employees, they worry more about standing around, talking and eating then the guests. Usually I'm ok with hotel breakfasts but wasn't thrilled with it here. It just didn't look good. They did offer International Delights coffee creamer which is great and they had bottles of chocolate milk. I pretty much stuck to oatmeal when the girl remembered to bring out the brown sugar.

Parking was cheaper here than at a nearby hotel that my conference was held at. It also had good hot water which was a problem for the attendees who stayed at that "M" hotel. And my rate here was cheaper than what they paid.

Overall our stay was great. It was clean and safe. Had a first run movie theater right next door and plenty of places to eat close by. I would love to go back and had to drag my teen out to leave.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us recently. We very much appreciate the time you took to share the details of your stay and I look forward to sharing your comments with Lindsey during our morning team huddle. We look forward to welcoming you to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor for future visits!
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was here on business. Not only was the staff helpful and friendly, but the suite (all suite hotel) was comfortable and inviting. If you stay here, be sure to check out the partnership with the Maryland Athletic Club (MAC). This is connected to the hotel and has great facilities including 4 pools of various sizes so you can swim laps, do water aerobics, let the kids swim, and/or sit in a warm water pool.

1 Thank Lance E
Reviewed March 27, 2014

It is always a good thing when you are traveling and you have been out all day either participating at a conference or successfully conducting business and then you return to your hotel and it feels like home. That is what you gat when you stay at the Homewood Suites in Baltimore Inner Harbor. After your day is over, the community around this Hilton property welcomes you.

Cherry Hill, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and love the service and the location! It is walking distance to Fell's Point, Little Italy and all the main attractions of the Inner Harbor! The staff is always friendly and quick o respond to any and all of our needs! There is a Whole Foods around the corner that delivers to the room and terrific restaurants, a Starbucks and an awesome Spa across the street. We go back at least once per year!

1 Thank Stephen K