“Business trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Germany
“Business trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great place to stay overnight for business or private. Clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast, good service, great location. Sometimes only wifi curtting off connection, but generally working well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
Jamesburg, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel is in the same building as the Hilton Garden Inn and the lobby accommodates both very well. As soon as you pull up to the front of the hotel the bell staff is at your service with a warm welcome. The lobby is very large and welcoming with a very good front desk staff that is dressed and present themselves in a very professional manor. The rooms are your standard Homewood Suites rooms and were very clean and good to sleep in. I can see some minor issues in the room like, the closet door difficult to close and it needs to be closed otherwise you bump into it going in and out of the bathroom. The other issue in the bathroom is taking a shower in the dark, the only light in the bathroom is not enough to light up the shower so it is dark in there, little weird. The hotel is close to the inner harbor which gives you a lot to do within walking distance and that makes this location one I will return to. Great staff, clean hotel, good sleep, close to everything, what more do you need?

Room Tip: the higher the better, this hotel is in a city setting. I was on the fourth floor and had no issues...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share details following your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed the service you received as we strive to exceed expectations. I also appreciate the feedback regarding the closet door and bathroom light. I have forwarded this information to the Engineering Department for their follow-up. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Millville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here with college friends from different directions. Suite was perfect size and kitchenette allowed us to bring some snacks and a complete happy hour! Convenient parking with an elevator to the lobby. We dropped off our bags and self-parked. The hotel staff was very helpful.
The location was perfect for walking to Inner Harbor or Fells Point, and of course we were in Little Italy, so a short walk to great Italian food.
The room was very clean. The space was small, but well planned. Very comfortable for 4 friends!

Room Tip: Try for a corner room - windows on 2 sides make it feel so open, and we could spy on the sctivity be...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
warminster, pa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Room was comfortable. Location was good. Across the street from the Baltimore free bus service. Cable connection to TV did not work but was fixed quickly. Room key did not work two nights in a row but was remedied quickly. Breakfast and a light dinner was included - if you are choosey about your food, take advantage of the many near-by eateries.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Danville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great location close to the Inner Harbor for our short trip. But you pay for great location. We booked a king suite with a panoramic view and it proved to be way more space then we really needed. The meals were for the most part really good. Breakfast is available every morning along with dinner each night Monday through Thursday. Beer and wine are available with dinner. The front desk service was great for dealing with the few minor issues we experienced during our stay. Valet services were courteous and timely in their services as well. We did not find the street noise to be an issue as other reviewers have mentioned. We found the kitchen supplies to be adequate but did not need to use them for our short stay. My family and I would definitely stay here again when in Baltimore.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel does have a great location in the newly built Harbor East section, located between the Inner Harbor, and Fells Point sections, and also near Little Italy. Fells Point and Little Italy are a nice, real, contrast to the sanitized, and almost plastic feel to the Inner Harbor and Harbor East.

The hotel itself leaves MUCH to be desired, from tiny bed pillows, confusing to operate TV's,
poor climate control options, and barely enough kitchen supplies. The breakfast buffet was about the worse I have encountered in what has become a staple at hotels like these.

Worse, we had a power failure the first morning of our stay and no one from the staff gave out any information about it. In fact that staff I questioned seemed puzzled that I was concerned about this.

A poor experience overall.

Ken

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank krapug1
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations, as is our goal. Hilton regularly reviews guest suggestions to enhance the guest experience as it pertains to pillows and breakfast and I appreciate the details you shared. I am truly sorry that the power outage impacted your visit so much as it is absolutely inconvenient to have the block functioning on generator power only for that time period. Thank you again for sharing details and I am sorry for the challenges you encountered.
windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. First, the location can't be beat. Walking distance to the waterfront/aquarium, and a great Whole Foods right behind the property. We visited for the Preakness Stakes, and loved the fact that we could make a healthy meal in our room when arriving back late after the races.
It is also attached to the beautiful BAC gym, and if you enjoy working out you must check this facility out! I had such a great workout, I didn't want to leave. There's also a huge swimming pool families can use.
We booked a panoramic room and it was definitely worth the extra $. The huge windows offered an unparalleled view of the city, and the living/dining area was enormous. Our friends had a regular suite and couldn't believe the difference!
As wonderful as everything else was, I have to say that the staff were the icing on the cake. From the front door to the front desk to housekeeping everyone was so nice and helpful.
Now, at the risk of my own embarrassment, I must also add one other nice thing they did for me. I had accidentally booked room for March instead of May (that's what you get when you're online and rushing). I had no idea I did this until I got an email in mid-March asking me how my stay was. That's when, to my horror, I discovered my error and a charge to my credit card of nearly $1000!
I called manager, and left a message, but was in such a panic, I asked front desk who else I could speak with. She put me through to the accountant who immediately removed the charges, much to my relief. Now, technically, I guess they could have charged me -- and I'm sure some hotels would -- but they didn't. I was dealing with a health problem and didn't need the added stress, but they didn't know this. They just kindly dropped the charge. The manager even called me a couple days later, apologized for the delay, and wanted to make sure the charge was removed.
All I can say, is THANK YOU to everyone there for how they handled the error and for the wonderful stay!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family