“Home Away From Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times. I've never had a bad stay. The rooms are large and comfortable. It's also conveniently located - You're away from Pratt St by a few blocks (less noise), but near Little Italy, other restaruants, CVS, and a grocery store.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
2  Thank Timothy N
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Comfortable stay, great value, pleasant staff, walking distance to harbor, stadium, aquarium, etc. We have 2 young children and chose this place because it is a suite, and it definitely worked out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Danielle E
Reviewed June 4, 2013

While we didn't stay here long, we definitely got a good nights rest! We arrived shortly before 3am after a 7.5 hour drive. Valet was helpful in giving us directions around the building to the parking garage, where we quickly found a spot and found our way to the lobby. Although being ridiculously late at night, the front desk was helpful in quickly getting us our keys, and making a joke about how hopefully we would be up before breakfast ended (we weren't). We slept wonderfully: the bed/pillows were comfortable, and the shades completely blocked any light coming in. Had I not stirred at a call to my cell at 11am, we probably wouldn't have woken up any time soon. The rooms were gorgeous and well kept. We purchased our aquarium tickets through the hotel reservation, so we were able to skip the aquarium line, and got immediate entry. Awesome!

The location of the hotel is excellent, a quick walk to Little Italy, the main strip in Inner Harbor, and even Camden Yards. We left our car there after we checked out and was easily able to walk around and make it back to the hotel.

Two semi-negatives:
The only thing that bothered me, and had it not been 3am, it probably wouldn't have, was that when we got up to our room after checking in, neither of the keys worked! After an 8 hour drive and being 3am, that's the last thing you want to happen. My husband went to the front desk who resolved this quickly... apparently they had been activated much earlier in they day, and had been subsequently deactivated since we had checked in so late. Then, the next morning, and we're really not sure what time it was since we were both so exhausted, someone from the front desk called telling us that our car was ready? My husband who was half asleep picked up the phone and told them they have the wrong room, etc, to which they apologized and hung up. Again, I don't think either of these things are negative necessarily to the hotel or its staff, but I'm sure anyone can emphasize about being agitated after a long trip/night and a few small oopsies.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is located in a great place in the Harbor East. Right between the inner harbor and fell's point and close to little Italy. The room size is good. Unfortunately our room which was supposed to be non-smoking (and the staff insisted it was so) most definitely reeked of smoke. Moreover the A/C wasn't working well and despite being fixed on the second day remained weak during a very hot week. The valet is very slow and inefficient and the breakfast is a joke.

While it is perfectly located I would probably chose the Marriott next door on another visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AlSvedish
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry that a previous guest would smoke in a non-smoking room and create such an environment - that would absolutely cause discomfort to someone that did not expect it. I appreciate the information on the HVAC repair. I have also shared your comments with the F&B Manager regarding the Homewood Suites Suite Start Breakfast. Thank you again and I am sorry you choose not to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The area is new with many conveniences (Whole Foods, movie theater, shopping, restaurants) all within a two block radius of the hotel. It's also within walking distance of all the attractions of Inner Harbor. The pool is at the adjacent MAC athletic club which is connected to the hotel. What amazing facilities; bring your swimsuit! Make note of the posted pool hours for hotel guests, as it is closed for swim lessons for members. The staff at the breakfast was so friendly and helpful. The room was clean, new and spacious enough for our family of four (King Suite). The Homewood Suites shares a lobby with the Hilton Garden Inn, so either property would have the great location and access to MAC. I would highly recommend this location and property to anyone visiting Baltimore.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The value for staying in an inner city hotel is about as good as it gets. The room was comfortable and well laid out. The bed was comfortable but the pillows aren't the best but then I'm very particular of my pillow. There are some very nice places to eat near by so eating is not an issue. The free breakfast was good and the people working the breakfast area were always very friendly. Your stay includes the use of a MAC gym which is a very nice extra as this is not your typical fitness area. I did not take advantage of the evening food but it appeared to have a nice variety. I admit that I took advantage of the free happy hour beer or wine selection after my meeting each night. Parking isn't the easiest. We used the valet parking and it can get congested in the limited area where you drop off the car. The people working the valet parking were always very friendly and delivered the car on time. Parking costs you whether you use the valet service or not, which bugs me. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Homewood Suites in East Harbor (thought it was in Little Italy) for a friends wedding Sat-Tuesday. We have a young son who wasn't with us on this trip. It was Preakness weekend so many hotels were fully booked early on for that date. I booked Homewood as a back up and thought I might choose to change later (which I later decided against since everything was booked). I was thinking that the Inn at Henderson's Wharf looked nicer, better... but what I found was that the LOCATION of Homewood Suites was actually my favored choice. I read a review that had said it could be cleaner and I DON'T agree. The room was a large, king suite, with a kitchenette and a living room area. For a three star hotel, I couldn't believe the value and the service. Breakfast was included, when we went it was scrambled eggs, hash browns, french toast, oatmeal, cereal, juices, coffee. Fine. Then I found out that dinner was free Monday - Thursday. It was chicken parm and pasta with free wine and keg beer with a flat screen in the seating area. As free food goes, it was good. We ate there and then headed out for more drinks and apps at a foodie place. It also comes with complimentary access ( inside entry via room key) to a pool, jacuzzi and fitness at the MAC fitness center which (although we never made it there) my husband saw the likes of the Yankees coach leaving. You're in the same round about as the Marriot and Four Seasons. You're like a block from Whole Foods and a great boutique wine shop. Mac makeup, Anthropologie, Bank of America, Starbucks, a movie theatre are all right there. It's an easy walk to Fells and The Blue Moon (famous for their awesome breakfast). We also walked to another gem, the Black Olive restaurant which reminded me of the small port of Amoudi Bay where they pull fish free from the water and grill up with a butter sauce. Honestly, I like to stay places that are CLEAN and NICE (as in kinda swanky). I was nervous that this hotel was gonna be like one you find at the airport. Now for the 3 star price, this hotel wasn't a five star hotel, obviously. But after their renovations, everything felt new and clean and was cool. The bed was really comfy. Granite counter tops in kitchen. I would definitely go again. Plus, BTW the service was incredible. What ever you want. What ever you need. They will get it for you. They even called me the day after my stay to tell me that they found a new book of stamps in my room and did I forget them?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple