“Great Location, Great Room/Suite, Pet Friendly”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am in town for four days so I decided to get a suite and I am very happy with the room. I have a kitchen with stove, fridge, micro and dishwasher - as well as dishes and pots/pans. A dining bar and a living room sitting area with a pull out loveseat and chair, desk and tv. 2 free wifi options via the Hilton and AT&T for the duration, at good connection speeds.

The bedroom has a king bed, tv, dresser and dressing area with sink and closet and a nice size toilet/shower.

I don't have my dog but if I wanted, I could - and right next to the inner harbor - it's a great option if I had wanted to bring her along.

There is free breakfast and light dinners four nights a week if I want and the Whole Foods is 2 blocks from the hotel across from a 24 hour CVS.

I love staying in the Hilton Homewood Hotels and prefer them to a single hotel room.

Room Tip: If you can, get the suite - they are great!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Overall good hotel in excellent location. Rooms are nice but could have been cleaner.... just didn't feel or look as clean as I would have expected.

Breakfast is good and the gym access is also great. Overall would return and would recommend but with some warnings.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I actually checked into this hotel today, and I am pleasantly surprised! So far, service has been exceptional. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and clean. My 3 year old loves the pool, and the fitness area is great!
Location is walking distance to everything worthwhile in Baltimore, so we are set for a fantastic weekend!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for such lovely feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions of the service you've received and I look forward to sharing it with the hotel team. Our relationship with the Maryland Athletic Club, adjacent to the hotel, is certainly a benefit and I am pleased that they share their swimming pool with our guests. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Everything was nice at this hotel. Great location near the Inner Harbor. I received a corner suite on the top floor and had a great view. My room was very clean and the staff were very friendly. My only complaint and why I didn't give 5 stars is because the coffee in the room is terrible!! This seems to be the normal at homewood suites and I am not sure why??? The coffee at the breakfast was good, but I like to drink my coffee as I "putter" around in the morning getting dressed. However, there is a Starbucks next door.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a "panoramic" suite which was very large for the 2 of us, and as others have said although it didn't have a water view, we still enjoyed it since it was so large and had so many windows. The city view was still pretty even though it wasn't the harbor, esp. for the price.

The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. We had everything we needed and you can't beat the location. One block to the water taxi, lots of restaurants out the front door and an easy walk to Fells Point or Inner Harbor. The valet parking was convenient and does offer free in/out but you really don't need a car to visit most areas.

The front desk staff and valet were very friendly and helpful. We didn't have to wait for anything, even they they seemed really busy. Although the lobby seemed busy every time we came through, we couldn't hear anyone else from our room. My only complaint is that some things in the room seemed a little worn - the shower curtain was frayed, sofa was stained and several of the towels were less than white. Overall, I would still stay here again because of the space, value and location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roadtrip411
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share feedback following your visit. I am pleased you enjoyed the room and the view and appreciate your understanding at the buildilng development around us that has impeded the view in some places! We hope to welcome you back in the future for another great stay at the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We spent a night there on a recent trip, and got a good rate on an upgraded suite billed as panoramic view. We paid extra for the view.There were indeed a lot of windows on two sides of the corner room but on such a low floor that the panorama was of a parking garage, restaurant, etc. Some decent city views (Picture will be attached of that), but had we had a higher floor the views would have been great. It is attached to a Hilton Garden Inn; they literally share the same lobby. Lovely neighborhood (although from my window in the early morning I did see a good sized rat trying to break into the restaurant across the street. The good news was that he seemed unsuccessful. It is a wharf area, after all....) Ten minute interesting walk to all the amusements of the Inner Harbor. The water taxi was not running when we arrived late, but the walk was fun.

Great location for taking in a sporting event or for a family to spread out and explore.

The breakfast was nothing special at all, and since the apartments have such complete kitchens carrying in a bag of groceries (or ordering locally) is a great idea.

One complaint about the layout. The only way to the toilet or tub (or bathroom sink) was through the bedroom, which meant that anyone using the foldout couch (as we were since there was only one king bed and this was a family-sized unit) meant that using the bathroom at night woke up those in the bedroom. Not sure why this particular apartment was so configured; there was plenty of room for an entrance from the living area, as well as a doorway from the bedroom, which would have accommodated everyone. I am not sure if all units are the same, so ask if this would be the issue for you that it was for us.

We would stay again, but I would like to try to get a unit with a different bathroom layout if that exists. Valet parking although I am sure that there are nearby lots.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I loved the friendly staff and great service. We had the two room kitchenette and it was like a small apartment. The view of Baltimore was lovely. Fells Point, Little Italy and the Inner Harbor/National Aquarium were all within walking distance and I even walked home from the Walker Museum one day. Whole Foods, CVS, and a dry cleaner were a block away so this location was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Suites facing So. President St. have great views.