“Nice hotel in Harbor East area of Baltimore”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Alexandria, VA
“Nice hotel in Harbor East area of Baltimore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Vey nice and well run hotel in excellent part of Baltimore. Service was excellent and the room suites are spacious. Very good value for the price. Location is near Inner Harbor, but yet has a nice quite feel to the surrounding area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely feedback about your visit to Baltimore. I look forward to sharing your review with the hotel team. We hope to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
Taneytown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed two nights for NYE. Have stayed here twice before and had the same great service.

Hotel is easy to locate, great parking, walking / close to all of the Inner Harbor attractions. Only blocks to shopping and some great breakfast & dinner restaurants. Whole Foods just around the corner. Movie / Landmark Cinema close. You don't need a taxi, bus, or metro if you stay here.

Hotel staff was EXCELLENT !! Friendly and engaged in making your stay perfect. Nice lobby and hotel amenities. The views of Baltimore from the 9th floor was great. Room was clean, kitchen had everything we needed for a midnight snack and some wine. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing West to the Inner Harbor / Harbor Place or the North side that faces Baltimore City / a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BKweekend
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have traveled to Baltimore on numerous occasions for both business and "escape weekends" at the inner harbor. This was my first stay at the Homewood suites in Baltimore. I was highly impressed from my initial entry to my check out with the service and professional courtesy of the staff. The Hotel rooms are excellent and designed with extra space for working or relaxing after a busy day of work. Be sure to ask for a room with a panoramic view of the Inner harbor or the "little Italy section" of Baltimore. You will not regret it! The location of the Hotel lends it self to a excellent starting point for all the tourist sights and shopping of the Inner Harbor. Once you park your car & check in, everything of interest is well with in walking distance, and the hotel staff is very familiar with all the activities of the week or season. It is of note to the reader that I was so pleased with my stay and the "extra's" offered here that I reserved a room for a future stay at the Inner Harbor. This is an excellent hotel and worth a look or stay when in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a panoramic view..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe T
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I specifically requested and paid extra for a panoramic "harbor view" room (the whole point of paying extra to stay in the Inner Harbor). We usually book the BWI Embassy Suites for trips to Baltimore. The room was not ready when we checked in around 5:30pm (but the wait was short) and I asked the front desk agent to confirm again that the room had a harbor view. He assured me that it did. Well, the room had a nice view of the city on one side and a huge parking garage on the other, no harbor/water in sight. Very disappointing. Running late for dinner reservations, and dealing with two kids on a 1 night stay, I did not argue the point or ask for a manager. I was angry that I had been lied too, if no harbor view was available, then just say so. The room itself was nice, large and clean and the location is fantastic. I should have been more assertive because I was really anticipating the view; however, I'm not confrontational. I just take my business elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask several times if you "really" have a harbor view
3 Thank 11westchester12
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry that the hotel team member gave the impression of lying as it absolutely is not our intent to create such an impression. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the view from your window. Water views are not unobstructed due to newer construction in the neighborhood. I appreciate your feedback as it always helps us in improving the service we offer. I am sorry we won't be able to welcome you back in the future.
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed one night at Homewood Suites just before Christmas. Although I've been to Baltimore many times over the years, I hadn't realized this part of the Inner Harbor had become such a happening place. Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance and a first-class movie theater directly next to the hotel. We were even able to see the fireworks over the city from our huge windows. The hotel is lovely -- clean, nice-sized rooms and a kitchen stocked with a microwave, tea, coffee and even a bag of popcorn! The complimentary breakfast goes well beyond most hotels with homemade scones, fabulous oatmeal, and bacon and sausages among other choices. My daughter worked out at the adjoining gym which she deemed "awesome" and my niece and nephew loved the indoor pool. Because of the hotel layout, there is very little noise either from the street or adjoining rooms. Blissfully quiet! The only drawback is the parking which doesn't include in/out privileges and which is hidden on a side street. Call in advance to get directions so you don't end up circling the block.

1 Thank EllenArlington
New Cumberland, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I recently spent time in Baltimore attending an evening black tie wedding, so we decided to stay over locally. Our traveling party had booked 3 rooms for a busy Sat. evening. Upon arrival, everything ran smoothly with fast front desk service. We were in our rooms with 10 minutes. Each room was very spacious and clean, with lovely decor. We did have some difficulty with wheelchair access for one of the rooms but after speaking with the front desk, our room was changed immediately - no hassle or long involved questions, no trouble at all. The staff seemed very happy to make sure we were pleased with the accommodations. The room was extremely quiet with a nice vies. At breakfast the next morning, I was hoping to have a waffle, but didn't see any available. When I asked, the breakfast staff member if waffles were on the meny, he told me no, but he would be happy to make one for me. He disappeared and within a few minutes, returned with a freshly made waffle. Wow! If you have stayed at other places, you know that doesn't happen often! Valet service the next morning took some time, but I would expect that at such a busy place. Overall, a great stay with excellent service. Lynnette S.

Room Tip: Ask for a view overlooking the front of the hotel. You can see some of the waterfront area.
1 Thank Lynnette S
lancaster,pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

first of all staff is friendly,helpful and mostly they smile which makes me think they enjoy their jobs. the room we had #1155 was clean had a nice view of fireworks and laserlight show in the inner harbor area . the kingsize bed was like being at home,free breakfast was more than you could want and the evening buffet (we were there for deli nite) was good especially with free beer and wine.we have stayed at Homewood Suites in different cities this is one of the best so far. the only downfall is the $32 parking fee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple