“Ruben Dip”

Ale Mary's
Ranked #345 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Baltimore, Maryland
“Ruben Dip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Strange decor. Bartenders and waiters were so helpful.
The cheesy tots were amazing. Three types of cheese with ranch.
Ruben dip - omg craving that now. It was delicious. I Have never seen something like that on a menu so I had to try it. It was soooooo good!

The beer selection is great too.

I would come back here for that dip alone.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great pub food, fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I live a block from Ale Mary's and over the 8 years I have lived here, I have probably visited Ale Mary's 100 times, at least. I don't understand where the negative reviews come from. The food is consistently good and very reasonably priced. For example, on Thursdays, steak night, you get a 10oz New York strip, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli for $10.95. And lately, they have decent bottles of wine for $13! Everything else off the menu is consistently and solidly good. This is bar food. The place is a bar with really good barfood and its busy. The fact that the place is bursting at the seams with customers every night at dinner time should tell you something. I have eaten in just about every bar and restaurant in Fells Point and, without hesitation, my first choice is always Ale Mary's. Sure you can get a fancy meal at Charleston, Cianghele, or Roy's, but if you are looking for good food and good drinks that won't set you back a couple of c notes, Ale Mary's is the place you want to be.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“BREAD PUDDING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great atmosphere and the best homemade bread pudding I've ever had. Came here with my fiance and we loved the character. Classic 40s music plays in the background, leg lamp from the Christmas Story on the bar, and religious little artifacts line the wall. It's laid back, no craziness going on so if you're looking for that had somewhere else. If you want a place that feels warm and attentive bartenders, Allison was ours and she is very nice, go to Ale Mary's!

• Visited January 2014
Maryland
“Exactly what a good corner bar should be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Nice clean corner bar. Great food, drinks and service. Staff here is outstanding, friendly, observing and fast. Beer selection great. Prices reasonable. Food and portions fantastic as well. We had buffalo wings, seafood pie, ribs platter, salmon sandwich, KK bread pudding. All were very good and hearty, large portions. We all cant wait to go back.

• Visited January 2014
Ithaca, New York
“Fantastic sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a crowded, noisy bar with great food and a lot of beer choices. I had one of the on-tap beers (which was excellent) and one of the best sandwiches I've had maybe ever! It was too big to fit in my mouth, so be prepared for messy! I thought the Tator Tots were - well - Tator Tots - not my favorite. Desserts were really good! I enjoyed this place a lot - hope to go again next time I'm in Baltimore.

• Visited October 2013