My family was having a wedding in Baltimore, so a large group of us rented rooms at the Springhill Suites.
Parking is a real problem (the hotel provides expensive valet parking). There is more reasonable parking around the corner at the intersection of E. Baltimore and South St. Some folks in our large group had problems getting their cars back when they needed them.
The hotel lobby is very nice. Overall, the staff was great: nice and friendly (with the exception of one check in clerk).
The checkin time was 4 pm (a bit late in the day). We contacted the hotel the day before check-in to ask for an early check-in (everyone wanted to get shower and dress for the wedding that evening), and they assured us that they would have our room ready around noon. Unfortunately, when we arrived at about 2 PM the room was not ready, and the staff was unable to give us a time that we could check in (apparently they were short on maids). At around 3 PM, they were finally able to get us into the room (after we sat in the lobby facing them for an hour).
The room (10th floor) had a sitting room and a bedroom (king size bed) that were open to one another. The room was nicely clean when we arrived. The sitting room had a small refrigerator, microwave, a small couch and two soft chairs. They also had a couple of nice flat screen TVs. Bathroom was nice, with the shower-toilet separated from the sink-mirror area. Closet was on the smaller size. The vent for the room was set into the wall and was offset by about an inch from the wall - a strange arrangement for a rather nice room.
Breakfast at 8:30 AM on Sunday was rather crowded with a number of breakfast items that were out. With some patience, they resupplied.
Overall the experience was very nice with the exception of the parking and check-in problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Downtown Hotel provides spacious suites 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms with complimentary internet and a daily breakfast buffet. We are a short 10 miles from the Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) and within walking distance of Inner Harbor and the Baltimore Convention Center. The SpringHill Suites Baltimore Hotel is near several of the area's most exciting points of interest including Harborplace Baltimore, Ravens Stadium, The National Aquarium, Camden Yards and Harbor East. SpringHill Suites is located on the Purple Line, which provides free transportation to Penn Station and the historic Mount Vernon and Federal Hill neighborhoods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Springhill Suites Baltimore Downtown