SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been totally Blown away at the level of hospitality and friendship of two employees of this hotel on a trip where I am away from home and family for a month! Lisa Adams and Gary Shriver have made me feel so welcome and relaxed that I cant thank them enough. We have great conversations and laughs and they have gone above and beyond to make sure I have all the comforts of home to make the most of my time away. Marriot Hotels are truly blessed to have these two individuals welcome their clientele on a daily basis. I would absolutly request my Company book my stay at this property if I ever return.
Sincerly,

Giovanni Pace
Executive Chef
Sullivan's Steakhouse

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at Springhill Suites during Preakness weekend. While it was expensive like every other nice hotel in the area, we were blown away by the service we received! When we arrived we had a room on the 11th floor...yikes...tiny porthole-like windows and made us very claustrophobic! We called Yolanda at the front desk who was able to move us to another room that was just as large but far better for us. The hotel is in a great location and we were able to walk to lots of things. We took cabs to the racetrack. Our highlight at the hotel was Gary, who does service like nobody else! He was such a hoot and got us anything we needed at breakfast. I loved the historic qualities of the hotel, which have been well maintained. Overall we had a great trip and would stay here again if we come back for the Preakness.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The SpringHill Suites hotel was everything you would expect or want from a hotel. Clean, nice size room, decent free continental breakfast, great location (very close to the inner harbor and many restaurants), comfortable beds, etc. The real gem here though is the staff!! We received a phone call shortly after check in just to make sure everything was perfect with the room. Lisa at the front desk was so friendly and had a great knowledge of the area. She was able to recommend places to eat as well as get hair cuts/manicures and they were all great!! We were in town for a wedding and they even made sure to have a wheelchair available at all times for a family member who didn't get around very well.(We didn't even have to ask) A very nice and much appreciated gesture!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family & I had a great stay & were close to everything Baltimore had to offer at this hotel. It had a cozy bed & breakfast boutique feel and didnt even feel like a major chain. The food was 100% better than Residence Inn. The added bonus was a very attentive server by the name of Gary that made sure the breakfast buffet didnt run low on anything. I will go back just to have Gary's food & service next time I am in Maryland.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jacquella F
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Top three things about this hotel:
1) Great customer service by the whole staff--especially Lisa!
2) Cleanliness
3) Location (very close to the Inner Harbor/Dunkin Donuts/CVS)

I was in Baltimore for my brother's wedding--SpringHill Suites was the perfect hotel for most weekenders and business travelers. The free breakfast was adequate/average...it was nice having fresh coffee throughout the day and evening too. Small bar in the lobby area to serve alcoholic drinks and a convenience center for snacks and sundries. The rooms were large and clean...fairly comfortable. All in all, not a complaint from the weekend. The workout facility could use an upgrade/update and the breakfast spread could have been a little better, but I would stay here again...especially with the reasonable prices.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel was elegant and historic. Very comfortable and very good location - only blocks away from harbor. I love the aesthetics of this hotel in particular with the respect that the hotel has for the history behind the building. Gary - what a great guy - went above and beyond to make sure that I was comfortable, happy, and had a great start to my morning the next day. Always a treat when someone puts a smile on your face when you're facing tough times. Thank you Gary and thank you to the staff here at SpringHill - you will all be remembered.

Room Tip: Rooms with living room felt like own apartment.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and I thought it was very nice.

The hotel is an old bank (I'm guessing) so when you walk in to the lobby you are walking into a large, open space with ceilings two stories up. It was a really nice space and a nice change to be in a renovated old building as opposed to something brand new.

The rooms were pretty big, the breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. And the location is just 2 blocks from the Inner Harbor and an easy walk to Oriole Park and other downtown attractions. The price (especially with a AAA discount) was definitely great considering the location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Travelers also viewed these Baltimore hotels
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Delta Hotels by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Hotel RL Baltimore Inner Harbor by Red Lion

Been to SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!