SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #36 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Hockessin, Delaware
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very friendly greeting from desk staff, clean hotel room nice no view of inner harbor though. Close to harbor 2 block walk but city hotel our view was another building. There was a nice breakfast included in room . Sadly the one thing that stands out is when we picked up the car from the valet parking. the attendant didn't even make eye contact or thank me when I tipped him... this came off as rude. so I guess I should say don't tip them but maybe it was just the one attendant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank linda923
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor. I greatly appreciate your honest and sincere feedback.

I will be certain to discuss the concerns raised with our third party valet manager and her valet team. This is not at all the service that is to be provided to any of our guests at any time, third party vendor or not. We are here to provide a fun, friendly atmosphere for our guests and service is utmost important.

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore!

Jason Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Hackensack, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

From the moment of entering the front door, I was a welcomed guest; it's as if I was in a Marriott customer service training video! The hotel is located 2 short blocks from the Inner Harbor where there are tons of restaurants and stores spread over several blocks. The hotel is a repurposed bank building from the late 1800's and there are many preserved areas in the hotel. My room on the 2nd floor was a suite with a living room and a main bedroom connected by a slightly askew short hallway. The living room area had a sofabed, tv, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. The main bedroom also had another tv. I cannot say enough of the employees at this property.
They were friendly, welcoming and even though I have stayed at plenty of hotels, this just stood out. The Purple Line of the FREE Charm City Circulator bus will take you to Penn Station. The Orange Line is walkable to Lombard Street which will take you to the Light Rail. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick S
Thank you so much for your review of the SpringHill Suites Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor. I really appreciate your feedback. We will be certain to share your comments with the entire team. It is comments like yours that help motivate our team to keep moving forward and providing exceptional customer service.

Thanks for staying with us. We hope you visit again soon.

Tallangatta, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a King Suite room which was spacious and very comfortable. We loved the location - being so close to the Inner Harbour. There were plenty of eating choices close by as well as key attractions like the Aquarium, the Visitor Centre, Barnes & Noble in the Power House, Little Italy not too far away. Also look for the free bus routes - the Charm City circulator routes. We rode the bus to Fort McHenry. One goes up to the Amtrak station as well, but we walked and checked out Charles St. Mt Vernon historic area along the way. Sensible, healthy breakfast choices at the hotel were much appreciated. And each room has a small fridge as well - bonus!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Lozjoy
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor. I appreciate your feedback and am delighted that you had an enjoyable visit.

Everything in Baltimore is just steps away from our hotel, and as you mentioned, if you wanted to venture out of the Inner Harbor, there is always the FREE Charm City Circulator that takes you to area neighborhoods like Mt. Vernon.

Thanks again for staying with us. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ranson, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel when my husband had surgery at Johns Hopkins. The entire staff was amazing from the valet gentlemen, the breakfast staff, and especially Yolanda at the front desk. She genuinely cared that I was comfortable and every time I saw her she took the time to ask how my husband was doing. The hotel is in a great location and we plan to return soon for a purely "pleasure" visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Teresa D
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

In this competitive environment, it is our team members that make the difference. Every hotel has beds, showers, towels, etc....but it is truly the team members of the hotel that give personality and life to a building. Thank you very much for mentioning our team! Hospitality is a passion for us and we greatly appreciate your business.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the time I checked in (w/ Ron Chaney) to my valet (w/ Charles TownPark), to checkout and rebooking (w/ Yolanda Holden), the services were outstanding. All 3 were very helpful, knowledgeble, and hospitable. I stayed in 910 and had a wonderful visit. The room was spacious and comfortable. It had great amenities and a contemporary decor. I was so pleased that, with Ms. Holden's help, I rebooked my next visit for an extended stay. I'm looking forward to the return visit.

Room Tip: I recommend the larger suites. It's a great value.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Symphony4
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are very thankful to have the team members that we do. They all have such a passion for helping others. Thank you for specifically recognizing them for their achievements!

That One Bedroom Suite that you upgraded to is a fantastic suite. It is actually bigger than most urban one-bedroom apartments! I'm glad you had a great visit and hope to see you again in Baltimore soon!

Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and myself stayed at this hotel for the christmas holiday and felt very welcomed from the moment we got there. The hotel was decorated so beautifully for the holidays.The staff was excellent, especially Yolanda at the front desk and Gary the security/ breakfast man. They made us feel so loved. Besides the hotel itself , the location to the Inner harbour was perfect, so easy and felt so safe to just venture there at anytime. Thank you so much for the superb hospitality and we hope to enjoy your company once again soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SportcoatWillie
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Baltimore was a little crazy to get to for us--we were not expecting some of the "rougher" areas of town we encountered, but the Inner Harbor was really nice. We were attending a conference at another hotel, but also had some family with us. At first we considered moving to the conference hotel for convenience, but we found we enjoyed the spacious rooms at the Springhill Suites, so we stayed put!

It was very nice to have a separate living/sleeping space. We had our two year old with us, so being able to put him to be and still sit and work, read, or watch TV was very nice. We also enjoyed the in-room refrigerator for snacks. This hotel does not have an indoor pool, which was a little disappointing.

Typical of Springhill Suites, the staff was nice and polite, and the breakfast was wonderful and included in the price of the hotel. I love that Springhill provides such a nice breakfast buffet.

If we were to visit Baltimore again, we'd be happy to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business