“Love the historic details!”

SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and it's always a treat, The room setup, with a separate living area, is ideal for families. The entire property is extremely clean and the beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is free and good. By Baltimore hotel standards (usually very high prices), this hotel is reasonably priced. This is a converted bank building and the spacious lobby really takes you back in time. Be sure to go down to the basement to see the "vault" conference room!

The location is ideal for the inner harbor area although our focus is always farther north, towards Johns Hopkins University. Parking is expensive, and the very high valet parking pricetag was the only thing that kept this review from being five stars. We asked about parking alternatives and were told that we'd have to park on the street and move the car every two hours all night. No mention was made of the less espensive deck down the street which I see mentioned on this site.

I always look for Marriott properties because I'm never disappointed with the quality and cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MargaretVirginia_USA
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com.

I appreciate your posting and feedback as it is very important for us to continually improve and your comments help us in keeping the staff motivated to always exceed our customers expectations.

See you next trip!

Reviewed December 8, 2011

The outstanding features of this hotel are the "all suites" guest rooms, affordable prices and lovely historic details preserved in this old bank building. Also worth mentioning is the location, just two blocks up from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I spent 5 nights there last week, while attending a conference at the Convention Center. Most of the 4000 attendees were staying at the hotels closest to the convention center, and paying over $200 per night for a smaller, average hotel room. I was sharing a suite, with two beds and separate living space for $161 per night! The living space includes a sink area with coffee maker, fridge and microwave, easy chair, small couch and desk space. In the bathroom area, the sink is separate, which is always convenient when two people are getting ready to go out at the same time. The beds are comfortable, but are not the really plush, deep-mattress beds that you see in luxury hotels, and the bedding is the kind I like for cleanliness, with sheets covering a comforter. The free breakfast was very good, with sufficient toasters for guests to easily get a turn at toasting bagels, English muffins or bread. There were a variety of choices for breakfast, hot and cold. The old bank details included letter boxes, beautiful art deco doors on the elevators and an old vault on the lower level, now used as meeting space. Since I flew into Baltimore, I did not have to worry about parking, so I cannot comment on that at all. The one issue that I found unpleasant, was the nightly 1:00 a.m. "wake-up call" from rowdy crowds in the streets. Other reviews have mentioned this, when the nightclubs close. Although I asked for a quiet room, and was given a 7th floor room, the noise level made it impossible to sleep through the commotion. Although I am not sure, I think that the "Occupy Baltimore" group also staged a very noisy protest in the middle of the night, one night. I would recommend this hotel and would certainly stay her again.

Room Tip: Do ask for a quiet room, upper floor, away from the street.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com.

Your review was very honest and I really appreciate how sincere it is. I am glad everything was to your liking in the hotel. I am very sorry about the noise from the area clubs. We are working with numerous city agencies to try and resolve this problem. Unfortunately while the Inner Harbor is a great family destination, it also serves as the hub of Nightlife for the region.

Again, thank you for your honest review. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Baltimore.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

I travel to Baltimore about 5-6 times throughout the fall season due to lacrosse tournaments and ALWAYS choose this hotel due to its central location and beautiful amenities. However, my stay on Friday, December 2 was the worst stay I have ever had at ANY hotel.

It was about midnight and I must have been in between 2 rooms that decided to have a party. The guests (not sure if I can even call them that) we throwing around the WORST obscenities (use your imagination) and racial slurs; not to mention pounding on doors, running through the hallways and breaking items. I had to call the front desk 3 times from midnight to 3:30 am and they had the audacity at ask me to change rooms! I was not the problem!

I would have expected this behavior and the management's reaction from a lower hotel chain NOT a Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank DuchessofHildebran

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that the occupants of the suite adjacent to your suite were disruptive. Each time you informed us of a problem, we responded immediately to the suite that was causing the disruption. Our Manager on Duty and police responded to each complaint.

Our staff did ask you if you wanted to move rooms in an effort to accommodate you to prevent any further disruptions.

As a result of your inconveniences we did provide you with a full refund prior to checking out.

I am sorry that after your many stays at our hotel since 2009 that this situation happened. I hope the good service we've provided you in the past is not entirely discounted as a result of this situation and that you do stay with us again on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel is located only 2 blocks from the Inner Harbor so it's very easy to walk everywhere. We even walked to Powerplant in heels which wasn't bad at as all. You are also near the Harborplace Mall. There is a parking garage one street up from the hotel for $20 instead of paying $32 for valet. The rooms are great. We got the one king bed and sofabed so the room, if you wanted, could really sleep 5. Free hot breakfast consisted of oatmeal, waffles, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, english muffins, asst juices, and coffee. Get there before 9:30 to get the waffles. Nothing bad about this hotel, we will def stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank IheartMD
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com. I appreciate the feedback and am glad you had an enjoyable visit. I hope to meet you on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed on a Friday night in using a free night certificate from Marriott….so the price was just right! And we just used the $32 valet parking since we were only here for a night.

The lobby is beautiful in how they kept the detail from the bank that was an obvious previous tenant of the space. All of the hotel personnel we encountered were friendly and helpful. Our one king bed suite was very nice. I tried using the wireless in the room but it locked up, so I just used the hardwire connection instead. Having read previous reviews warning about the noise from the nightclub I asked for an upper level floor on the opposite side of the hotel away from the club, so that worked out nicely with us being placed on the 7th floor.

We stayed in conjunction with a concert at the Hippodrome Theater, which was only about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We also walked about 20 minutes to the Federal Hill neighborhood for dinner using Light Street into the Inner Harbor. With this being downtown Baltimore, one must use common sense in choosing where to walk in the city but we felt safe walking along Baltimore Street to the theater and near the Inner Harbor. If we get another chance to have an overnight stay in the Inner Harbor area we will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Low number rooms (X01-X06) are on the opposite side of the hotel from the problematic nightclub.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The hotel was easy to find using my GPS. Based on previous reviews, I found the hotel and then found a 24x7 parking garage, instead of using the hotel valet. Front desk clerk was very helpful in explaining the hotel and how to find things.

We received a 3rd floor room on the end. It had some street noise, but no worse than most cities. Plenty of space. There was not door to close between the sitting and sleeping areas. No view to speak of.

It is 3 blocks from Inner Harbor. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor might mean less street noise
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Great location and large suites, the early eighties furniture didn't matter because it was clean and spacious. One downfall is valet parking is too expensive.

• Stayed: November 2011