The outstanding features of this hotel are the "all suites" guest rooms, affordable prices and lovely historic details preserved in this old bank building. Also worth mentioning is the location, just two blocks up from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I spent 5 nights there last week, while attending a conference at the Convention Center. Most of the 4000 attendees were staying at the hotels closest to the convention center, and paying over $200 per night for a smaller, average hotel room. I was sharing a suite, with two beds and separate living space for $161 per night! The living space includes a sink area with coffee maker, fridge and microwave, easy chair, small couch and desk space. In the bathroom area, the sink is separate, which is always convenient when two people are getting ready to go out at the same time. The beds are comfortable, but are not the really plush, deep-mattress beds that you see in luxury hotels, and the bedding is the kind I like for cleanliness, with sheets covering a comforter. The free breakfast was very good, with sufficient toasters for guests to easily get a turn at toasting bagels, English muffins or bread. There were a variety of choices for breakfast, hot and cold. The old bank details included letter boxes, beautiful art deco doors on the elevators and an old vault on the lower level, now used as meeting space. Since I flew into Baltimore, I did not have to worry about parking, so I cannot comment on that at all. The one issue that I found unpleasant, was the nightly 1:00 a.m. "wake-up call" from rowdy crowds in the streets. Other reviews have mentioned this, when the nightclubs close. Although I asked for a quiet room, and was given a 7th floor room, the noise level made it impossible to sleep through the commotion. Although I am not sure, I think that the "Occupy Baltimore" group also staged a very noisy protest in the middle of the night, one night. I would recommend this hotel and would certainly stay her again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Downtown Hotel provides spacious suites 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms with complimentary internet and a daily breakfast buffet. We are a short 10 miles from the Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) and within walking distance of Inner Harbor and the Baltimore Convention Center. The SpringHill Suites Baltimore Hotel is near several of the area's most exciting points of interest including Harborplace Baltimore, Ravens Stadium, The National Aquarium, Camden Yards and Harbor East. SpringHill Suites is located on the Purple Line, which provides free transportation to Penn Station and the historic Mount Vernon and Federal Hill neighborhoods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Springhill Suites Baltimore Downtown