SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed the weekend at Springhill suites with a friend who came down from New York City. After picking her up from Penn Station we pulled up outfront of hotel, valet parking was very expensive, $32 for every night. Quick and easy check-in. Room was a bit pricey, $134 a night and that was with my AAA discount, but I think thats pricey because I'm used to staying at very nice hotels in Vegas for at most half the price many times, but oh well. Room was ok size, I'd say maybe a little less than 350sq feet. Nice sized bathroom, sitting area, bed was comfortable. Some nice choices for eating right near hotel and innerharbor is not very far at all, about 3-4 blocks away. One gripe I had was you could hear way to much noise from hallways, wondering if you could hear as much from the rooms in the hallways. Overall a decent stay.

Room Tip: Avoid valet parking if you can, was very pricey and there may be parking options nearby.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terpsfan72

Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel has recently added some upgrades to the suites and it shows. Flat screen TVs are in both the "living room" and the bedroom. There is a min fridge and microwave in the rooms. Recently added, in the last month are iPod docking stations. This was much appreciated after a long day of driving and listening to my iPod. I was able to charge it overnight and not have to search for my charger immediately. Mattresses could use an upgrade though. Not the best. Some fun restaurants are in walking distance along with places for shopping and if you don't want to walk to catch a baseball game there are other available means to get you there. Beware of the $32.00 a day for parking. While this does entitle one to leave as often during the day as needed, it is a little inconvienent and the added expense of tipping the Valet. Customer service was great. I called once there to get exact directions and they were very helpful and then I checked out a day earlier and no charges were applied for the day I cancelled. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank keeptraveling01
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Great location to inner harbor - friendly staff especially bell hop Jared. Hampton inn across street allows Springhill guests to use pool. Nice perk. Worn furniture in room. Great Internet and breakfast. Noisy at night on 3rd floor.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank JennSVC21
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Went to this hotel after reading several of the reviews. Upon our arrival we were greeted by valet, whom told us the outrageous rate. We decided to park there anyway, as to find a cheaper location was not worth it. When we got to our room we found it to be VERY large and roomy for 2 children and 2 adults. It was cleaned and well decorated. The price was a steal for what we received. We usually pay between $300-450 a night for a hotel and we did not get such a BIG suite like this! The hotel is literally 2 blocks from the Inner Harbor. We did not need our car for the entire stay!

Now, for the disappointment; after returning from the Inner Harbor, we came back to our room to see the garbage not emptied, the bed not properly made (they just threw the comforter over the wrinkled disheveled sheets!) the air was turned down to 60 degrees; I guess she wanted to make sure she was comfortable doing a half job, because we were FREEZING! There were four people staying in this suite and she only left two towels and no washcloths or hand towels.
When we arrived initally we only had three towels and had to ask the front desk for more. The breakfast was not worth getting up early for (served between 6-9am). the waffles was the only thing good, everything else needs a little work. The last night there we ask the front desk for information. She was busy on a personal call and gave us false information as a way to shoo us away.

I expressed my concerns to the front desk and she offered a discount on one nights stay to compensate for the inconvenience. However, I still wanted to talk to manager who was not available until the next day.

I did call Jason, hotel manager and left a voicemail and he PROMPTLY returned my call. He apologized and asked if there was anything he could do. I told him no we already received an adjustment for our stay, but thought it was very important that he knew about housekeeping, because it could make or break a hotel LITERALLY! He agreed and stated he was having a meeting with them at 11:30am that morning. One thing I notice about this manager is he takes the comments seriously and goes to lengths to try to correct the problem as I read from the many reviews.

Overall, I would have easily gave this hotel 5 stars, but just couldn't based on the little mishaps! Nevertheless, do visit this hotel if you want space, and easy access to the Inner Harbor!

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank KAW1970
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Dear KAW1970,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a very accurate review of your recent experience of our hotel. With the feedback you've provided we are able to better determine which areas we need to improve, as our goal is to satisfy every guest.

I am happy to report that after your comments, our meeting went very well and our team building exercise did help to re-motivate the housekeeper who provided less than satisfactory service. We are continually monitoring her progress and I think we've got her on the right track. Without your feedback this would not have been possible. We all make mistakes, but how we recover from those mistakes is what really makes the difference.

Again, thank you for your comments and your posting. I really appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make things right! I hope to see you again in Baltimore soon.

Jason Curtis

Reviewed May 31, 2011

We spent one night here over the Memorial Day weekend. We got a great price and the hotel was in a lovely old historic building. The rooms were clean and spacious and the breakfast was normal for the chain. The location, two blocks from Inner Harbour, was marvelous because most of the hotels around were pricier. And the staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tobique
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Our large suite was sparkling clean and had all the necessary amenities.. At the desk, Yolanda Holden guided us to local restaurants and gave us perfect directions to John Hopkins. Her patience and big smile helped make a tough trip tolerable.

The historic building is remarkable in many ways and the rooms were extremely quiet. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dpuryear
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My family (wife, three small boys and myself) stayed at this hotel en route to Washington DC for a week. We checked in and went to the Red Sox/Oriole game. The following day we checked out to move on to DC. Once arriving in Washington, I asked my wife if she had our camera. After looking for it, we couldn't find it. She called the hotel and was told to leave a voice mail message for the person who handles lost and found. During the course of the week I made three additional calls to the hotel and spoke to a different person each time. None of the calls were returned, even if only to say the camera was not found. While I know the camera was not left at Camden Yards (because I remember seeing the camera the morning after the game in the hotel room),my wife asked me to call the Orioles' offices just in case. I called and left a message, and I received a call within ten minutes. I know it was my responsibility that the camera was lost., but it just would have been nice to have received a call back from the hotel indicating that the camera was not found or turned in.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family