The staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms are clean. This is a basic hotel with basic amenities aside from the suite layout of the rooms, i.e., separate sitting area and bedroom areas.
The hotel is in a converted bank where the vault was turned into a conference room with the original vault door intact (quite impressive). There are also beautiful marble staircases that remain. However, much of original beauty was covered with bland paint or hidden behind ugly walls (e.g., the ornate cast iron and marble staircase that runs the height of the building). It's a shame that so much charm and character were covered up with bland neutrality.
The shower heads are high enough for for someone 6'2" to shower comfortably.
Nice room layout.
Within easy walking distance of the Inner Harbor - two blocks.
The Not so Good:
No room service.
Thin doors - all hall conversation sounds like it's in your room.
The free hot breakfast is all carbs except for the little containers of peanut butter. While they advertise eggs, none were available during my stay. Go elsewhere for a balanced breakfast.
Tiny bar area - not a big deal as there are many nearby watering holes.
If you like good coffee, ignore the in hotel "coffee." The in room coffee makers are designed to make single cups using specially packaged coffee and cannot be used to brew your own. However, there is a Starbucks and Caribou in walking distance.
The desks in the rooms cannot be comfortably used for extended periods because the desk chairs are far too low and cannot be adjusted. Using a laptop on the desk keeps one's arms and wrists at a very uncomfortable angle.
Parking is $32/day. There are cheaper local garages but they have no re-entry privileges. Consequently, if you plan to use your car during your stay, the hotel parking is cheaper.
There is no signage concerning parking. Pull up to the small hotel entrance and wait for a valet to appear. Valet parking is the only option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Downtown Hotel provides spacious suites 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms with complimentary internet and a daily breakfast buffet. We are a short 10 miles from the Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) and within walking distance of Inner Harbor and the Baltimore Convention Center. The SpringHill Suites Baltimore Hotel is near several of the area's most exciting points of interest including Harborplace Baltimore, Ravens Stadium, The National Aquarium, Camden Yards and Harbor East. SpringHill Suites is located on the Purple Line, which provides free transportation to Penn Station and the historic Mount Vernon and Federal Hill neighborhoods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Springhill Suites Baltimore Downtown