“Expected much better.”

Neighborhood: Fells Point
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“Expected much better.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Perfect location by the water in an awesome neighborhood. But, I expected much more. Service was fine, but menu was lacking. Even thought it was waterside, the ambiance wasn't all that great. Certainly not warm and inviting. Felt more like a sports bar, which I don't think it is supposed to be... As a vegetarian, I was really hard-pressed to find anything that I could even 'adjust' to my taste. I don't even remember what I ordered, it was that unimpressive and unappealing. I know I didn't eat it. My husband didn't enjoy his meal either, and that says a lot. There was one very loud and obnoxious patron sitting several tables down from us who really distracted from our enjoyment and no one made any attempt to quiet him. While all the other restaurants were quite full this evening, Shucker's was not. That's sad because they probably have the best location in the neighborhood. I might try it again if perhaps they had a new menu, and maybe did something inside to make it more inviting.

• Visited February 2013

baltimore maryland
“Not Very Good”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My sister and I went to Shuckers last night because we wanted some seafood. When we arrived we were politely greeted and seated. The view was amazing overlooking the waters of Fells Point glistening in the moonlight. However there were no lights above our table. The bulb was blown where others were working. The table had a sticky residue even after we requested it be wiped down for a second time. It became obvious that the table finish was it issue. The wood finish was deterioting because of improper cleaning supplies. This is usually the case when you can use your nail to scrap the residue off. Anyway. We ordered to drinks which mine was made with Knob Creek Bourbon grapefruit juice and honey. It was good but the cold globby honey that clung to the mixing straws looked gross under the lack of lighting. I added a pack od equal and tossed the straws. And then it was better.
I ordered Oyster Rockerfeller and my sister ordered steamed mussels. The oysters we attractive on sight yet had a little too much cheese on top. Tasting the oysters was something else. The sauce tasted like a cheese sauce was poured over the oysters which were very small and had several pieces of shell in them. The cheese on top was overcooked making the dish taste like fried cheese balls with oysters in them. My sisters mussels were served piping hot but the white wine sauce lacked a bold flavor she was use to having. Many of her mussels werent completely cooked. Some still closed were served along with the fully cooked. I suspect that they were either died or not steamed long enough. We decided to pay our bill and find somewhere else to eat. It is also bad that the server told us some unflattering things about the management that made us believe that thia place was lacking in leadership and customer satisfaction. If they renovate get new cook and a new menu I would return but not anytime soon.

Rochester, Minnesota
“A fresh review of a sports bar with seafood and a view.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Visited on a Sunday afternoon, TVs everywhere even by the tables. We had a nice table by a window so a little away from the rowdiness of Ravens boosters. This was my second time here and was a little better than the 1st. Seafood was fresher, not as salty. We had seasoned shrimp, lump crab and soft shell crab. They use Old Bay on almost everything including the fries. We each had a Bloody Mary and instead of a salt rim, they put Old Bay on the rim. I was a bit leery of this, but it actually tasted good. Pleasant dining and relaxing to sit and look out over the harbor. This is at Fells Point so a good beginning or end to a walking/shopping tour around historic Fells Point.

• Visited December 2012
sumerville
“Shuckers Baltimore”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Crackcakes are really good, which is what I came for..no filling and fresh. The French Dip was also tender and juicy, a must. The wait staff go out of their way to make it a good experience. Old Bay fries rock> The bar is on the water in Fell's Point...very pretty. Thanks!

• Visited December 2012
DC
“Fun atmosphere, Poor food and service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were there the same night as Bill and we kept wanting to go to the Private Party :) This place is right on the water and has a fun atmosphere, friendly bar staff, andis very relaxed. The food was mediocre at best - Calamari was dry, corn was frozen even after we sent it back, and the seafood platter fairly tasteless. Shrimp and coleslaw were good. Waitress was really nice but had way too many tables to respond to requests.

• Visited October 2012