“Immaculate hotel with excellent service!”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Baltimore Downtown Convention Center near Camden Yards stadium for 3 nights. The hotel is located directly across from the baseball stadium and within walking distance of the Light Rail, an inexpensive transportation alternative from BWI.
The hotel is immaculate and the staff was very friendly. June, a manager, was especially kind to us in helping us to navigate the public transportation system. A free breakfast buffet, with various rolls, juices, cereals, waffles, yogurts, fresh fruits, eggs, and sausages, is available to all guests. Additionally, the hotel has free internet service as well as a cookie/coffee/tea bar that is open for 24 hours. We will stay again at this lovely hotel and we would highly recommend it to travelers to Baltimore. Additionally, if a traveler wishes to visit Washington, DC, and doesn't have a car, there are several options provided by MTA and Amtrak.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on a trip to Baltimore for a conference. The conference was being held across the street at the Hilton, but I had read about this hotel on this site in advance and chose it instead. I am so glad I did! All my friends who stayed at the Hilton complained about the lack of free internet and no free breakfast. Plus, they spent $40 more a night. Meanwhile, over at the Hampton Inn, I was receiving all those perks, plus front desk staff who were among the nicest hotel staff I have ever dealt with. Finally, this hotel is close to the Harbour, with all of that area's restaurants and sights, and is right next door to Camden Yards. I highly recommend this place!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel once again to visit my daughter who is a MICA student. Getting around is so easy with the proximity to the light rail and inner harbor. The new "clean green" commuter bus can take you all the way down Pratt Street to the Harbor East area...for free! This makes it simple to walk to Fells Point and Little Italy. In short, this Hampton Inn offers a great value, great service, wonderful location, and the ability to get around without a car. From what we hear, the bus will have two additional lines in the spring, allowing Baltimore visitors and citizens more options for getting around the city.

Even though there was still plenty of snow from the historic blizzards of 2010, we had a wonderful visit. Everyone we met was genuine kind and considerate. No wonder they call Baltimore "charm city".

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I was part of a group of football coaches in Baltimore for a clinic......my wife picked this hotel for the price, proximity to the meeting, and the amenities that were included! We were (8 of us) very pleased. The fitness room was nice and whirlpool very clean. The beds are probably the most comfortable i have slept in on a trip away from home. The breakfast buffet was top notch and coffee/tea/fresh hot cookies/fruit available as we got back in the late afternoon was a an UNEXPECTED SURPRISE!. Close to 2 friendly neighborhood pubs, and Camden Yards is right across the street. I will use this hotel on all future trips!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Camden Yards on a recent trip to visit my niece at college.
Although there are many choices of hotels in the area I chose Hampton Inn because my excellent experience at other Hampton locations and am glad I did.

The staff was wonderful! Friendly, attentive and efficient at all times and in all areas. Rooms were clean and comfortable, as was the lobby seating area and breakfast room (due in no small part to Jamar the lounge room attendant)
Lakisha at the front desk was helpful, patient and friendly, as were the housekeeping staff I met.
We did not have a car but the valets were very present and attentive at the door
It is a wonderful location...close to the Light Rail service and walking distance to Inner Harbor. And of course,,is across the street from Camden Yards.
I highly recommend this hotel and commend the staff.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank koalabear33
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Camden Yards is right across the street, but restaurants and not within close walking distance. Staff is friendly and helpful. Small rooms. Be prepared to pay $26 for valet parking- per day.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2009

My mother, cousin, and I had a great stay at this Hampton Inn. The room was clean and roomy, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the hot breakfast was good and plentiful with a wide variety of choices. The room had a wet bar and a refrigerator, which were very nice amenities. The pool and whirlpool were nice, but a bit small and the chlorine was a little too strong. The pool hours were also very limited being 5PM-10PM on weekdays. This was an inconvenience because we weren't able to use the pool as much as we would've liked. The fitness center was small, but nice and had a flat-screen TV. A complimentary laundry room was also available. We visited the inner harbor which was about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. Overall this is a very nice hotel and I would definitely stay here again when visiting the Baltimore area.

• Stayed: September 2009