Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Crisfield, Maryland, United States
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I've stayed here twice and have enjoyed it both times. The desk clerk checking me in helped me with an unusual process and did it smoothly and effectively. Will be back. It was great.The gym was nice and fit my needs well. The pool would be my only complaint... Just too small but they do keep a lifeguard on duty at all times.

• Stayed July 2014
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We very much appreciate sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
NJ
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had to stay in Baltimore due to a serious surgery on a family member at the University of MD Medical Center. HI had special rates for patient's families and it was only two blocks from the hospital. I can't say enought positive things about the staff. From my first phone call and through my stay, the staff was friendly, curteous, and efficient. The hotel was clean and convenient.

The buffet was varied and they changed the egg and meat offering every day. Although this is not a 5 star hotel, it doesn't pretend to be. However, the rooms are decently furnished and very clean. After the surgery, we relaxed in the hot tub and pool. Also nice and clean.

The only thing I did not like about the hotel was that the bed was very soft and they didn't have a board to place under the mattress. My husband and I prefer very hard mattresses.

Hint: do not pay for valet service. The hotel is only two blocks from the hospital and you can park at the underground lot on Greene by Lombard Streets. You get your ticket validated at the hospital and all day parkinf is $7.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main street for quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Convention Center, MD. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the entire staff.
GM
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I recently stayed here and thought I had free valet parking based on an offer listed on the site. There was a fee for 2 days of parking plus parking taxes. Be aware of this before you book. This would have altered my decision to book a room if I had known that the offer would not be honored for the stay. I will say that I have spoken to someone in guest services for Hampton Inn and they are looking into fixing the situation.

2 Thank David K
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about the parking fees experience; allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please call me at 410.685.5000 to resolve the issue.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Fast efficient check in, restaurants close, next to ballpark ( Camden Yards). Friendly staff, clean comfortable room. Breakfast was good, coffee very good, afternoon popcorn fresh and hot. Short walk from light rail convention center stop. Easy access to and from BWI.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank michaelpL7480MW
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the rest of my team.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Was very pleased with this hotel rooms were clean very friendly staff and a good location very close to Camden Yards full breakfast was served till 10am I travel to Baltimore a lot and this is now one of my favorites.

1 Thank egzacto .
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Camden Yards. We very much appreciate your comments regarding our location and staff. We will pass your comments to all our staff.
Lowell, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice facility and exceptionally nice staff. Well satisfied with the stay and the location is very good. Across the street from Camden Yard and easy walking distance to the convention center, the inner harbor and other attractions.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Maryland
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Hubby and I stayed here overnight for convenience when we recently attended a concert at the stadium. This hotel seemed a bit overpriced but I must say that if you are attending a baseball game or a stadium event, the location is ideal. 2-5 minute walk to the baseball games and maybe 10 minutes to the M and T Stadium.

This hotel is clean, the staff is cordial and they offer continental breakfast in the morning. Valet parking is a bit high, but overall, it's a good nights stay.

3 Thank Silvergirl818
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Convention Centre. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.