“A good choice”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've stayed many times. Comfort is fine, staff excellent. Breakfast is adequate but is consistent with a "value" hotel. All of the minor stuff, such as shampoo, towels, etc. were finee. Suggestion: take an upper floor that faces the ballpark.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Cara D, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hello 8richardp,

Thank you for submitting a review after your recent visit to our Hampton Inn. We are delighted that our hotel facility, location and services exceeded your expectations, as this is definitely a goal for us.

We agree the rooms facing our ballpark; have an amazing view any time of year.

Warnest regards,

Cara DiPietro
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I travel a lot, and I look forward to staying at this hotel. Friendly staff, helpful valet and car service, always clean, mini snack and necessity store, free coffee all day, free breakfast ready in the morning, free wifi, great places to go within walking distance. I know it's right by the stadiums. One wall of the hotel has AMAZING views over to the stadiums! Other rooms just have views of service alley or power station. If it matters to you, you could request stadium side. For my business trips, it's a treat to get those rooms, but view isn't as important to me because I'm not here all day. Truth be told, I almost think I shouldn't post such a great review, because if all of you stay here, you may sell the hotel out, and I may have a hard time getting my room. Maybe I should have kept it a secret :)

1  Thank Amy W
Bill D, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Hello Amy W.,

Thank you for posting an awesome review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit at our Hampton Inn. I’m glad to hear that you enjoy your stays with us when you travel to Baltimore.

It’s always nice to hear positive reports from repeat guests such as yourself.
We truly appreciate all comments and our goal is that all guests experience a great visit with us, whether staying for a one night stop-over or for several days.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Warmest Regards,

Cara DiPietro
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Upon arrival, I was greeted warmly by the staff and that set the stage for a very pleasant stay at this Hampton Inn. A homey, clean and professional place-it's great for families & business travelers.

I was in Baltimore for a conference-the location was perfect and within easy walking distance to the convention center and the popular Inner Harbor. For my money, this property was a much better value than the Hilton located just next door. It was family and business traveler friendly and the morning breakfasts were surprisingly fresh, health and tasty.

The staff were so professional and friendly. Ashley, Sierra and the Manager Bill (?), helped receive and deliver several packages I had shipped to the hotel; facilitated specialized paperwork needed for submission to my company for reimbursement; and even procured packing tape for me.

This team and the overall feel of the hotel was genuinely friendly--not just we-need-to-look-friendly-for-customer-service-reasons--and professional. Well done! I highly recommend staying here if you go to Baltimore and are looking for the most value for your money.

1  Thank Cstryker
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Hello Cstryker,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was very nice to meet you, and I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team, I know your comments will bring a lot of smiles. We appreciate your business and hope you will come back for another visit soon.

Thank you!!!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

It's the employees that up the ranking from average to very good here. All were friendly and as helpful as they could possibly be, from front desk to valets to the ladies making breakfast. The location is great if you are a baseball fan or work takes you to the convention center, and the hotel is close to the orange line of the Charm City Connector. A Hampton Inn is always my first choice for travel because I like their breakfast, the free wi-fi, the clean bedding and the microfridge in the room. Well...the breakfast was good, although someone may be mixing the batter too much for the waffles because they are rubbery and hard to eat. (The waffles are my guilty pleasure when traveling :) ) No complaints about the wi-fi or cleanliness of the room, both were great. However, this property no longer has a microfridge in every room, just the suites. I'm glad I decided not to go grocery shopping before check-in because when I booked the room, I did so with the understanding that there would be a fridge. The in-room services book even states there is one, so that and the website need to be changed. That may not be a big deal to some, but it is to me. Other than that, the hotel is 8 floors so bring earplugs as you will hear street noise no matter how high you request, which is no surprise in the middle of downtown Baltimore.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hello schraderj,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for complimenting the staff, I look forward to sharing your kind words of appreciation. I will have to take a look at the waffle batter. I too am guilty of that indulgence, so I will make sure we are serving the best waffles possible. I am sorry for any bad information about microwaves and refrigerators, I will do my best to review and correct the details. At this time, only the suites have them, but I am currently working on adding them to every room.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Very nice, clean, modern hotel in a great location; just across the street from Camden Yard. Also across from a higher priced hotel that is attached to the conference center. This one is just as nice if you don't mind leaving the hotel for meals (no more than a two or three block walk to nice restaurants). Free breakfast is nothing special, but popcorn and fresh-baked cookies in the afternoon are a nice treat!

Hello Kimberley T,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel and our location. Thank you for mentioning the great restaurants very close to the hotel. There are also a few that will send thier shuttle to pick you up and bring you back. Maybe we can share more of that with you on your next visit!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The accommodations at this hotel are absolutely wonderful. It is very clean, staff is very helpful, rooms are fantastic, close to most area attractions. Parking is valet so it may take a little longer to get where your going. I love this hotel and would recommend it to all. Favorite hotel in Baltimore.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hello jodys972,

Thank you for your review! It feels great to be your favorite hotel in Baltimore. We hope that means you will be back again soon for another visit to the Charm City! We love having you here and appreciate your business. See you soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I loved my stay at this perfectly-located hotel! The front desk staff gave me a warm welcome. Later I chatted with the Maintenance man as well as the valet gentlemen, and they were all very kind as well as gave me tips on the area. If you are a sports enthusiast, you are in the right area for games and plenty of pubs. I loved the architecture in the area as well. Of course the convention center is right down the street.

I felt pretty safe walking around the immediate area alone and found some good restaurants within a 1-1.5 mils radius. I did not have a car which spared me the parking expenses which was nice. There is a light rail and free bus system in the area if you want to travel without the worry of a car.

Breakfast was pretty tasty here too. Better than some other Hampton Inns I have stayed in. There is a pool and small fitness center in the basement of the building. Lots of basements in this city.

This was my first time to Baltimore, and I would stay at this hotel again if I returned for work or fun.

Room Tip: The higher up the better to avoid street noise (especially on weekends).