“Overall good place to stay”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Weeks before arrival, I made a reservation for 1 smoking king suite. I called the hotel days before my arrival and informed the staff that my husband and I would not arrival until 10pm and was told that it was ok. Upon arrival we were informed that the hotel was sold out of all king suites (even though we had reserved one). We were given a room with 2 double beds. Though we were disappointed we had no other option but to take the room. We arrived in the room to realize it was non-smoking. So I called the desk and they informed me they didn't have any smoking rooms left (even though we reserved a smoking room). We took our bags back to the desk and asked the staff to locate another hotel for us stay. They quickly found a smoking double bed room and moved us. The staff informed us that we would move again in the morning to the 1 smoking king suite we originally reserved. Around 1pm the next day we were given keys to a new room. We packed up our stuff and moved only to once again realize they gave us a non-smoking room. Went back to the desk and they apologized and asked us to return to the room we just moved from until a smoking king was available. Around 3 pm we were given keys to yet another (4 moves in less than 24 hours), unacceptable. The manager on duty gave us a comp room for the first night. I guess that made up for all the hassle but I would have rather paid and been comfortable in the room of my selection for my entire stay. Outside of that, the hotel is clean. The staff are friendly and will work to accommodate your needs. The offer a basic buffet breakfast. The fitness center equipment could use some updating. The treadmills are very raggedy and shake at any speed over 3.5 but they do have free weights unlike most places I’ve stayed. Overall, I was satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank jewell b
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hello jewell b,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm very sorry that there were some mistakes made in assigning your room, but I'm glad the staff took good care of you on your stay. I'm happy to report that our new fitness center equipment arrived on Friday. We now have brand new Precor equipment in the fitness center and have replaced both treadmills, both eliptical machines and the excersize bike to go with the free weights.

I hope you will come back for another visit soon.

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center

Write a ReviewReviews (1,517)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

came to check in around 11:15am was told to come back before 2pm arrived back at the hotel around 1:45pm and was told housekeeping was on break so I would have to wait for about 15 minutes so I sat in the lobby with my 2 young kids who we're growing impatient for what I thought was only 15 minutes , went back up to the desk to see how much longer I would have to wait then I was told come back around 3 it should be done. . reminder I already paid for the room so it's not like I could of up and left going else where

• Stayed: February 2014
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Hello caidynmommy11,

Thank you for taking a minute to share your experience with us. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very sorry that there was confusion around your arrival. We work hard to have rooms ready for arrival as early as possible, and I'm sorry that we let you down on your recent visit. I hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time your are in Baltimore and need a hotel.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

You can't beat them. I have literally Never had a bad experience and it always surpasses any other type of hotel stay. The complimentary full breakfast is extremely convenient especially when traveling with children. The prices are usually great and i recommend them Highly. Oh and most importantly the beds are lying on a cozy cloud of down.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Hello Kristen C,

Thank you for taking a minute to post a review. I'm so happy to see that you are a fan of Hampton Inn. I love the beds as well, I even have one at home! We hope you will come back for another visit soon! Thank you for your continued support of Hampton Inn.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here one night and the staff- at all levels, greets you with a smile. The room was clean and comfortable. The women at the front desk was exceptional..just wanted to please...again with a smile. Convenient location. We went to the west end cafe nic and frank for dinner down the block and enjoyed that as well.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor with a view of the stadium..perfect
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mean1234
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hello mean1234,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm very happy to see that our staff made you feel welcome. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team. I hope you will come back for another visit soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Good location downtown. The valet parking guys were helpful, friendly and prompt. We were in town for a concert, so we grabbed some food and a couple of drinks beforehand at the pub next door named Pickles. It was easy and cheap to get a cab down towards harbor place. I would recommend especially if attending a baseball or football game as the hotel is right across from Camden Yards. Decent service and a nice room as well at a good price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Steve L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed the concert. Your comments about our staff and valet service are appreciated, I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. I hope you will come back and stay with us for an Orioles or Ravens game to enjoy the energy and atmosphere of gameday!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here 2 nights this past weekend. The hotel was immaculate, the staff very friendly and extremely helpful. The room was very comfortable and spacious, we had a view of Camden Yards out of our window! The breakfast was very good too. We used the pool and hot tub the first night it was very clean, I did however want to use the hot tub the 2nd night and it wasn't working so I was disappointed by that . This hotel only has valet parking I understand there needs to be a fee for this however I thought it was a bit high, the valets were very prompt and very friendly and helpful as well. If I get back to Baltimore I certainly would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hello Carol H,

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. I understand your frustration about the valet parking. Unfortunately, downtown Baltimore has very limited parking and our only option is valet. We do our best to keep this cost down. We hope you will still come back and see us when you return to Baltimore for your next visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Extremely pleased with our recent stay here. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly employees, valet to front desk. Upon arriving to our room we were very happy (room 809). The room was immaculate, spacious and had an amazing view of Camden Yards. As Hilton Honors members we have stayed in a variety of Hilton Properties this has to be one of our favorites. We had one issue, the mini refrigerator stopped working. Front Desk said Maintenance would be there soon, they were right. A very nice gentlemen was there almost immediately, very professional and friendly. Replaced the refrigerator and was on his way in under 10 minutes. If you our looking for a reasonably priced Hotel with quality and value for your money stay here. On a side note we were there on a weekend, you can park on S. Paca instead of Valet your car for $29.

Room Tip: Park on S Paca on the weekends(save yourself the $29) and ask for the top floor better views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tera S
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Hello Tera S,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay and our staff took great care of you while you were with us. Thank you for mentioning our maintenance staff, they do a great job and take a lot of pride in what they do, but are often overlooked. We hope to see you again soon!