“Baseball, breakfast and fan friendly”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Palm Harbor, Fl., United States
“Baseball, breakfast and fan friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed in this facility numerous times and look forward to my next visit. House is clean, comfortable and secure. Staff is always friendly and accommodating to any request. A complimentary breakfast and across the street form Oriole Park, is this heaven ?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello Charles M,

No this isn't heaven, or Iowa for that matter. It's better! We love our location across from Camden Yards. We are glad you love it too! Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to having you back again soon!

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room was clean and well appointed. The WiFi was strong. The wide array of choices for breakfast, with a choice of newspapers, was included in the price. The staff was very friendly and bent over backwards to be helpful. The location was perfect. It faces the stadium, but was soundproofed and quiet,.
Just letting you know that the closet is behind the large mirror.I poked around and found how to open it. Our friends stayed in a nearby room and thought their room didn't come with a closet! The closet should have a handle on it or some notification.

Room Tip: Just letting you know that the closet is behind the large mirror.I poked around and found how to ope...
Hello shelynne,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm sorry the closet door was not as clearly marked as you had hoped. We will look into ways of identifying the door so everyone knows that there is a closet behind the big mirror.

We hope you will come back and visit us again soon. We look forward to bending over backwards for all of our guests!

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the desk are horrid. My room was not as requested. Changed rooms and new room had an engineer in there. But Darrell helped me and was 10 times better at CARING about my troubles just getting the right room. He should be given a raise.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello KCS1958,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I'm very glad to see that Darrell made everything right for you in your room. I do apologize for the miscommunication surrounding the assignment of your room. We hope you will come back for another visit when you return to Baltimore.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip which had that been the only thing going on in town would have been great. Unfortunately the Red Sox had just left town with their thousands of fans. I showed up around 2 and was told my room wasn't ready and they would call when it was ready. I had lunch walked around for a bit and then checked back. The room was ready however they never called to let me know. I think this is the first time I've ever checked into a hotel and they haven't had any rooms. The hotel is nice for conferences. I think they could stand to increase the restaurants / bars in the hotel as it is limited for such a large hotel. Rooms were basic but comfortable and in new condition.

Room Tip: Some rooms look into the Stadium which is very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hello cliff2026,

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback about your visit. I'm sorry to see that we didn't have a room ready for you when you arrived. We work hard to have rooms ready as quickly as possible, so I'm sorry we let you down this time. We hope you will come back for another visit soon. If you know you are coming in early, please give us a call ahead of time so we can make sure you get one of the first rooms available that day.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Hampton Inn is extremely well located. The rooms are updated and very clean. The staff is very helpful and courteous. We will choose this hotel again while visiting Baltimore. Orioles fans are sure to appreciate this hotel as it is just on the other side of the street from Camden Yards.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are facing Camden Yards.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello Danledan11,

Thank you for choosing our hotel! We know you have options when selecting a hotel in Baltimore, but we are happy you gave us a chance to take care of you. I'm glad you liked our rooms. I'm proud to say that we have a few small improvements planned for the end of this year, but I promise those improvements won't disrupt your stay if you happen to be here while we are working on the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This Hampton Inn was very very beautiful with an extremely convenient location (steps from Camden yards). We will stay here again! The only down side was valet parking only. I'm not use to it so I was a bit nervous... but my car came back A-OK and the staff was friendly and I felt safe... I'll do it again!

Hello EGMcferrin,

Thank you for staying with us. I also want to thank you for recognizing the valet staff. They work hard to ensure your stay with us starts and ends well by taking great care of your car. Parking is a bit of a challenge here in the downtown area, but we work hard to make it an enjoyable experience.

illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel is new and very well maintained. The entire staff is helpful and courteous. It is right at the doorstep of the Orioles ballpark. Although not staying for a game, public transportation( Charm City Circulator) is 2 blocks up and two blocks over. This made the location convenient for our sightseeing needs. It was really kind of fun when the fans set up shop outside the doorstep on game night, 2 bars in close proximity made for a somewhat lively crowd. Rooms were large and bathroom was nice with plenty of towels. Cannot find a fault, would stay there again due to the warmth and professionalism of their employees.

Hello jije,

Thank you for your feedback. The Charm City Circulator really is a great asset to the city that makes so many great attractions convenient from our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took good care of you. We hope you will come back for another visit soon.