“best place to stay if you go see the orioles”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Chicoutimi, Canada
“best place to stay if you go see the orioles”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great rooms and excellent service all around. Complimentary breakfast top notch and check in quick. The location is perfect if you want to go see the orioles and a 10 minute walk from the information center and the inner harbor. Perfect place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank andre4415
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hello andre4415,

Thank you for your comments. We know you have several options when choosing a hotel in Baltimore, and we are so happy you decided to stay with us. We hope you will come back again soon for another game!

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Superior, Colorado
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Hampton Inn met all our expectations. The Front Desk staff was very kind-answered all our questions and told us about the small complimentary breakfast served each morning.Our room was comfortable and clean. We were right across from Camden Yards and took in the Rangers vs Orioles game and a tour of Camden Yard. If we're ever back to Baltimore for a baseball game, we will stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Tozzie11,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoy hosting people from all over the country who come to see a game here at Camden Yards, no matter who you root for. It's a great facility and we enjoy the excitement of Orioles baseball.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I only came to be staying in Baltimore by chance. I was based in the DC area for 4 nights, and had planned a day trip to Baltimore to see the Orioles-Yankees game, returning to DC that evening. Then ESPN changed the game time and I hurriedly had to find somewhere to stay for a night in Baltimore.

I absolutely hit the jackpot.

The hotel is situated literally across the street from Camden Yards and a 10 minute walk from the Ravens stadium. No long journey back on public transport after this game! It's also only 5 minutes from the light rail, and the link to Penn Station, which made my early morning Amtrak departure infinitely easier than it could have been. Finally, it's maybe a 10 minute walk to the waterfront, and from there all of Baltimore's attractions. So whether it's sports or sightseeing, you won't beat this place for location.

The building looks like it was erected in the last 5 years or so, so you walk in expecting a clean and modern hotel - you won't be disappointed. Check-in and check-out was a doddle thanks to the efficient and friendly staff.

Once you've got your key, you'll be off to a spacious, fantastic room. I could have slept in that bed for weeks, it was so comfortable! Good tv with plenty of channels, excellent WiFi and good A/C which was nice and quiet. There was plenty of storage space (although I didn't need it for my overnight stay), and the bathroom was large and very modern, with plenty of towels and toiletries provided.

There's a well-stocked convenience shop at reception and sufficient vending machines to keep you going too. And the breakfast was excellent, the best that I had on my tour which took in hotels in six different cities.

I wish I'd based the whole DC-Baltimore leg of my trip here, taken a 45-minute train to DC and stopped one night down there instead!

Negatives....... still trying to find one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank marcwalker5
Hello marcwalker5,

Wow! Thank you! We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We too wish you could have stayed with us longer, but we know you will come back for another visit should you need a hotel in Baltimore in the future. I'm very glad to see you like our location. We love being right next to Camden Yards and down the street from the Harbor. Most people find it an easy walk, but some think it's a little too far. It just depends on your expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Rochester, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The service was excellent! I was there for the Church Of God In Christ AIM Convention. From the time I checked in to the time I checked out the service was excellent. Five minute walk to convention center and 10 minute walk to the harbor (depending on how fast you walk). Its an easy straight shot down the street. The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. The King bed was heaven. The breakfast was great and gets you started on your day. Special thank you to Sunshine at the front desk who is just as pleasant as her name is. So welcoming, so very helpful. I hope I gave the same awesome experience in November 2013 when I stay at Hampton Inn Gateway Arch 333 Washington Ave in St. Louis, MO. Thank you again Hampton Inn for a fabulous experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Eddie H,

Thank you for your review. I'm very happy to see Sunshine made your day. She is a new addition to our team and has made a big impression with our guests. Thank you for mentioning her efforts. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and slept well. I agree, the Hampton beds are wonderful, I even have one at home!

We hope you will come back for another visit soon!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hello my name is Eddie. I can say nothing negative about about this hotel. They service from check-in to check-out was great. Sunshine at the front desk was everything that her name represents. She was kind and helpful and had a great personality. She made me feel right at home. The rooms are excellent and spotless and comfortable. I was in Baltimore for the Church Of God In Christ AIM Convention. Its just a few blocks from the harbor about a ten minute walk depending on how fast you walk and a five minute walk to convention center. I would stay here again no problem. Great wings at the Pickles Pub next door!!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room for better views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello EHJ77,

Thank you for your wonderful review, and for recognizing Sunshine! She is new to our team and I am glad she made you feel welcome with us. We are so happy your convention chose to visit the Charm City and hope you will come back again for another visit soon.

Champaign
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was very surprised by this hotel. The price I received was a very good value. The hotel is located right next to Camden yards and we had a fantastic view of the stadium. The bathroom was very large and clean however the shower nozzle was vey tricky to get the right temp. The beds are some of the most comfortable beds that I've slept on at a hotel. I very rarely sleep well on hotel beds. The breakfast was plentiful and had good variety but they do need another waffle maker as the one that they had was in great demand. Do be aware that valet parking is the only parking they offer. So if that's not for you some self parking is within walking distance. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello 833travelguy,

I'm glad to see that this was a good surprise! We are very glad you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed your room. I have sent you a message to get more information about what room you stayed in so our maintenance team can service the plumbing in the bathroom. We appreciate your feedback, we don't always hear about things like this from our guests.

I hope you will come back for another visit soon!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very comfortable and reasonably priced hotel. Complimentary breakfast selection very good. Staff helpful and efficient. Only complaints are location and very crowded conditions at check-in. Not convenient to Inner Harbor (but very convenient to ball parks) and limited parking for check-in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello foodlover7752787,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to see that your experience arriving at our hotel wasn't what you hoped for. Our valet team works very hard to make your arrival go well, but there are times where we just get a little stuck with other vehicles arriving or departing. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this caused. I'm glad to see you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown