“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Jersey Shore
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just returned from a weekend stay, Hotel was easy to find coming off the highway. It is only valet. I had a great deal of 124.00 wheel in deal. I booked a few weeks earlier.We had a large spacious king room with a pull out. I liked the lay out of the room, it wasn't the typical, which made it so roomy. It was very clean and have plenty of towels. Breakfast was the normal HI foods. Omletes, steak/egg, ham/eggs and french toast were the hot selections. It was good. The area was crowded. The ice machines on 5 and 6th floors did not work the whole time. The pool had a lifeguard on duty. They also offer free laundry facilities with detergent, that was a nice touch if you need to do wash. Just outside the door is a bar with some good deals from 3-9 daily. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello vikster1,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to make sure you have everything you need, so I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by our temporary setback with the ice machines, but I'm glad they were back in service quickly. Our breakfast certainly has a lot of options, I'm glad you enjoyed the free laundry and that our location was convenient for you. We hope to see you again soon!

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a standard chain hotel in roughly comparable to a British brand like Premier Inn. It is located directly across the road from the baseball stadium.The room, bed and furniture comfortable, clean good quality and by English standards the room was enormous. The only thing missing was a wardrobe to hang clothes and tea bags as well as coffee bag might have gone well with the coffee/tea maker (although you could take some from the breakfast buffet area with no problem). Free wi-fi was a boon and worked well and, as there was quite a good desk and a lot of space, I ended getting quite a bit of work done

Breakfast was a rather limited by quite acceptable buffet, although the breakfast area is quite small and get a bit crowded in the morning.

The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Inner Harbour area when the larger hotels and convention centres are.

There a couple of sports bars/pubs right by the hotel packed on the evenings when there were baseball games which looked a bit rowdy and gave the area round the hotel a slightly seedy feel, but, unlike a British pub packed full of drinking football fans, in reality it was all pretty safe and unthreatening.

Staff were polite and efficient

Room Tip: Consider a back-facing room to minimise noise.
Hello ProfessorY,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your candid feedback and that you provide a different perspective on our hotel. I'm sorry you weren't able to find the closet. It is located behind the large mirror on the wall near the bathroom. It is often overlooked, but provides a good amount of hanging storage.

I'm glad that you found our baseball fans to be spirited but not threatening. We are certainly glad you chose our hotel for your stay and hope you would consider coming back for another visit!

Albany, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is the second year we have gone to a Baltimore Orioles/NY Yankees game at Camden Yards. Being a Hilton Honors member has put us right across the street at the Hampton Inn. The room we had was spacious, clean with plenty of fresh towels. Staff friendly and attentive including valet parking service. Will definitely be going back next year. Breakfast items plentiful, but have had better eggs and meats in other Hamptons and Homewood Suites.

Hello jtbird57,

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Baltimore and Camden Yards. I also want to thank you for your review of the hotel. I'm going to review the menu and preparation instructions with our team to make sure we are delivering the kind of breakfast you expect from Hampton Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights. Staff was very good. Breakfast every morning but not much protein beyond eggs ( which weren't great) and yogurt. Eggs had cheese mixed in and was salty. Just ate breakfast there 2x. If you enjoy make you own waffles, cereals, danish, muffins etc for breakfast then you'll be happy. On 4th floor looking down on to Green St and power station. Could hear street traffic. Air conditioner unit(Trane) was super noisy. Every time it turned on it gurgled. Also, black out blinds didn't overlap so there were rays of light waking me up along with the gurgling and traffic. That said, I was still able to get about 5 hrs of good sleep every night which is adequate for me. Would have liked to get an additional 2 but the above noise etc woke me up. Room was clean. No in room safe. Safety deposit box at front desk. There was a baseball game every day that we were there. Lots of activity around the hotel as a result. 3 bars that cater to baseball crowd adjacent to hotel. If you're coming to go to Camden Yards then the hotel is conveniently located. Although, I really wouldn't want to try parking or even getting to the hotel by car on game day. Nightmare. Walking thought the crowd of people was bad enough.

Hello Island411,

Thank you for a very complete review of our hotel. I appreciate your attention to detail. If possible, I would like to speak directly with you to get more information about your stay so we can make sure we address the noisy A/C unit in that room. Please contact me here at the hotel or respond to the direct message I've sent you.

Again, thank you for your review. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Chesapeake, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Have stayed here numerous times and always satisfied. The hotel is always clean and the staff are always friendly. The complimentary breakfast is very good. Location is fantastic. We have stayed here to go to Johns Hopkins Hospital and it is the most convenient.

Grenoble, France
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very good hotel, optimum value, good services, clean, good location. Pool, gym club. Nearby the Hilton at 5 min from the Convention center, in front of the Baseball stadium. I recommend it for a business trip.

1 Thank Alberto B
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello Alberto B,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you think we are a great hotel at a fair price. We understand that you have many options when you come to Baltimore, so we work hard to make sure you enjoy your stay here at our hotel. We hope to see you again!

East Greenville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff welcomes you with an opened door and a smile. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I have never found a better bed in a hoteI. I wish I could have taken it home with me. I cannot wait to go back next year for my next convention

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Alison P
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello Alison H,

We can't wait for your next convention either! We love having you here! We'll be right here with our arms open, ready for your next visit!

Hampton Inn Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center