“Delicious food. Great place”
Review of Pazo Restaurant - CLOSED

Pazo Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Cross street: Caroline St.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was about to put 5 stars, but I'm a regular and some things have happened in the last few visits to drop the overall experience a bit. I have been going here since 2007. We have done Bday visits that have been pricey b/c we bought a bottle of wine for $75 that wasn't worth that much.
The food is amazing. My favorite used to be the ceviche but the last few months has been inconsistent, maybe b/c they switched it to a trio of ceviche and is not as great as before. My favorite part is the happy hour. They have a few drinks and tapas that are $5. Most of the time we just try the drinks on the happy hour menu and mix the tapas. You have to be open minded about the drinks though, I go there so much and I think I've only had 1 or 2 that I didn't like. The regular plates are only expensive because you see how much cheaper the tapas options are. Service is usually good, but a few weeks ago, they were having a gala and they shooed my sis and I away. Was not very nice. I went there 2 weeks ago and our server had a 10 top right next to our bar table, he barely took care of us. Service was horrendous. No apologies or anything. We were there for 1 extra hour for no reason. We had our drinks and tapas and were waiting for our dessert and he didn't come to see us for at least 30 minutes before we asked someone else. The food makes it all worth it. Oh and we also ordered the shrimp pintxos and they were frozen shrimp, I was not expecting that from this place but it happens.

There are newer reviews for Pazo Restaurant

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent, beautiful, great food and atmosphere. had dinner with the kids for a birthday. Apps are wonderful, as well as the breads and food.

1  Thank Denis F
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The atmosphere is fun and the decor is beautiful. Fill te table with different tapas and plan on relaxing and staying a while.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Really, really loved this restaurant's ambiance. A little bit loud but the decor was marvelous - lush, slightly exotic. We ate in a corner booth with billowing drapery overhead - you almost wanted to be reclining on brilliantly colored pillows. The food was quite good, but rather expensive (which we knew & expected). Had we not eaten snacks earlier in the evening, perhaps we would have sampled more of the tapas, but what we did have (crab bunuelos, crispy cauliflower, mushrooms, goat cheese empanadas, pork buns and a few assorted "firsts" like beet salad and soups) was all very good. We think our waitress was a little perturbed that we did not order more or drink more, but it did not affect our overall enjoyment.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have numerous celebrations there, but this year my birthday was wonderful. Great food and fun. Priceless ambience. I don't think it can be beat in Baltimore!