“Outstanding ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Salt
Ranked #109 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Outstanding ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

...it was. I took my colleagues from work there and we had an amazing time. We all are big foodies but none of us was disappointed. The Duck Fat Fries is a must! Every single dish is full of great flavours!
We will certainly come back!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Very good food, and nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a great dinner at this restaurant while visiting the city. Staff were all very friendly, and the food was quite tasty. The fried clams and duck fat fries were especially amazing. The whole menu seemed pretty creative and fresh, which we really liked. The whole restaurant had a very nice ambiance to it. We would definitely come back.

• Visited April 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Lives up to it's name”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was so excited to try this restaurant, I had heard good things about it. I won't be going back. I started with an arugula salad that was a large bowl of arugula with literally one slice of the watermelon radish and blood orange that was listed as being part of it on the menu. It did have plenty of pistachios. I ordered the mixed seafood grille for dinner and it was so salty, it was almost inedible. When the waitress took my almost full plate at the end of the meal she didn't inquire as to why I hadn't eaten it. I could have volunteered the information, but was with a large group and we had already sent back a raw looking scallop, which the chef confirmed was not cooked. The duck fat fries were fantastic! If you do go there, have those for sure. As for dessert, the goat cheese donuts were amazing, but the chocolate (fig, maybe?) cake was extremely dry. No one at the table liked it. I was hoping that this was going to be a great night with wonderful food. It turned out to be extremely expensive for below average food.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“A Neighborhood Restaurant with Class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I were attending a conference in Baltimore. I read the Trip Advisor's post and comments on Salt and we decided to give this restaurant a try.

It was a Saturday night. We asked for reservations but it was booked for the evening. We were told if we ate at the bar there might seats open if we arrived no later than 6:00 p.m. We arrived before 6:00 p.m. and there were a few seats available at the bar. There were several open tables but they were filled by the time we left around 8:00 p.m.

On either side of us were locals who regularly ate at Salt. Both couples highly recommended this restaurant and that everything on the menu was tasty. Salt is a relatively small dining place that appeals to locals. After eating there, we understand why.

My wife and shared the French Fries cooked in duck fat and then added truffle oil. How decadent. The fries were a hit. I would definitely recommend the French Fries as long as you are not counting calories. They are worth every bite.

I had a seafood dish with scallops, shrimp and mussels that were placed onto a bed of risotto and a saffron broth. The broth was wonderful and had a nice hint of saffron. The risotto was cooked perfectly. The seafood was bountiful and fresh. We rounded off our dinner with a nice dessert. Bartender and server at the bar was attentive and friendly.

I would definitely recommend Salt to those locals in the neighborhood and those who travel to Baltimore to visit with friends, family, attend a conference or just a tourist. The cost of medal with drinks, appetizer, main course and dessert (without tip) is around $50.00 a person. Not too bad by today's standards for the cost of eating out at a high rated restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank PaulNewman90
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

It's a little foodie place. The menu is interesting and always changing. There are only three constants on the menu.

Food: My boyfriend got veal sweetbreads over roasted brussel sprouts with a pumpkin puree and roasted and spiced pumpkin seeds. It was delicious, melt in your mouth. I had a steak with mashed potatoes, and a cream sauce along with spinach or something of the like. It was very good, and done perfectly.

We each had a drink as well. He had a their version of a twist on a Manhattan and I had red wine. We shared desserts- goat cheese donuts with coffee ice cream, and three homemade ice creams: pumpkin, blueberry and mint chocolate chip. So good.

Service: At first, I was personally thrown off by their service. I felt rushed to order. As the night went on, their system became apparent. Your server is really the one who takes your orders and that's it. Someone else may bring your food, the bartender will bring your drink over, someone else may clear your plates. I was also a little thrown off because at the bottom of the menu it says to inform your server of any allergies that you may have. I had forgotten to mention when we ordered that I'm allergic to wheat. I flagged him down to let him know and it was like getting shrugged off. My boyfriend had no problem with their service, though, so maybe it's just me.

Decor: Interesting. It was modern eclectic. There were interesting architectural features inside, like having exposed brick walls. There were chalk boards at the bar, and framed childrens' drawings on the walls.

Overall a good experience.

• Visited November 2013