“great neighborhood restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Salt
Ranked #109 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Raleigh, North Carolina
“great neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I had a truly enjoyable experience at Salt for our 4th wedding anniversary. The food was outstanding. Our waiter, Mark, went above and beyond to not only ensure our meal was outstanding, but went out of his way to recommend places to find live crabs for purchase. I would have a hard time pinpointing my favorite part of the meal, but I have to say that the goat cheese doughnuts with lavender honey and coffee ice cream was genius. A true gem!

Visited May 2013

maryland
“Excellent service, decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I wasn't overly impressed. The atmosphere and staff were excellent. They paid a lot of attn. to us which we appreciated. The food was certainly decent but I just wasn't wow'd by it. I didn't think it was worth the bill by a long shot.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Unidimensional, pricing and a nasty manager”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was stunned when we asked to move from a center-dining-room table in the heat of the action (not pleasant) to an open booth where no one was sitting, and a woman of manager ilk was most unpleasant, talking about my family behind my back and sneering at my husband. This did not make me take nicely to this restaurant, the food at which is also one-dimensional and dull, though nicely presented. We drove into a residential neighborhood to find this place because it was rated highly on Trip Advisor, but for $90 for 3 people on a Sunday night, I could have done much better in New York City. A really disappointing experience, with a management team that should be completely overhauled (or are they the owners?). The woman who greeted us initially, a sweet young woman, was lovely, but the middle-aged woman who had to "approve" our table move could not have been more unpleasant. A real downer.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Duck Fat Fries!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Came here for Baltimore Restaurant Week and was instantly impressed. The duck fat fries came with 3 types of aioli sauces and were the perfect appetizer. I had the quail over rice (tasted more like a risotto) and would definitely get this meal again. Pretty standard beer list, nothing over the top, and some good specialty drinks. The scenery inside is modern and there's a good amount of parking on this upper side of Patterson Park.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Annapolis, Maryland
“Yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Salt represents taste, so the name of this restaurant is perfect. The food is superb, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the presentation is always interesting. Parking in the neighborhood is, however, simply horrible, so leave a few minutes early, because you are not going to find spot right in front of Salt. Don't let that stop you, Salt is worth the small hassle.

Visited March 2013