“Fabulous Food!”

Ranked #121 of 2,078 Restaurants in Baltimore
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food at SALT is wonderful...start with great wine/beer list or one of the interesting cocktails...SALT Pomegranate (Tequila) a personal fave...Duck French Fries a must with Beef Sliders (another fave)...favorite entrees are Coriander & Pepper Crusted Tuna or anything made with the Wild Boar...all food is very fresh and beautifully prepared...service is usually top notch, although an occasional waiter can be less so...still a great evening out!!!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a lovely meal at Salt on St. Patrick's Day Eve this year. While others flocked to Fell's Point for a night of revelry, we sought a quality meal in a classy-but-not-fussy setting near our bed and breakfast. We're so glad Roger at Blue Door on Baltimore suggested Salt! The service, from making a reservation to checking a coat, all the way through the meal, was some of the best I've enjoyed in recent memory. The grouper and the whitefish specials were both excellent, and the goat cheese doughnuts are as wonderful as you may have heard. Don't miss them, or this place.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I almost hate to rave for fear I may not get in next time. It is intimate and consistently delicious. The food is refreshingly original on an always changing basis. I have been back looking to get something I had the previous visit and sometimes disappointed only briefly to realize a new creation has been introduced which is as good or better! My wife and I love to sit at the bar to eat and Paco (Saturday nights) is one of the best bartenders in Baltimore. Parking can sometimes be a challenge.

2  Thank Bluesmd
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had read the reviews of Salt before dining there. We were impressed the restaurant lived up to the previous reviews. The hostess was very nice. The waiter was all business, no chit chat,and seemed quite busy.

The food was superb, both appetizers and the main courses. The portion size was just right. I had the tuna entree and there was plenty, in fact with the appetizer I had, I couldn't finish the tuna. My wife had the salmon and the restaurant did a nice presentation on the salmon and prepared it just right.

This place is a short ride from our hotel, but well worth the ride. I would recommend a cab or car service to the hotel, some diners last night were a little frustrated with parking.

2  Thank 678,855
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am in the car...
I was in the car...
I mean...I've been in the car for a long time now and I don't want to use "will be" to define my future car status and I can't find a damn parking spot!

...and as if my prayers were heard by an unknown supernatural hunger-satisfying power, my cell rang: "hello, one of our customers is about to leave and he has a parking spot right in front of the restaurant! do you want us to reserve it for you?" I hang up not believing what I've just heard. I mean, when was the last time a restaurant owner gave a damn about my parking adventures?

NEVER!

Well, not this one! And this is exactly what you'll get in Salt: care and affection in the most genuine form, from where you sit, what you sip and what goes in your belly deep (I should start rapping...)!

Decoration is kept to a minimal cool, with walls serving as local artist's gallery (pieces you can actually buy). If you're with friends try the more upbeat bar-room, if you're a couple cherishing the existence of your loved ones go for the room next to the kitchen. Don't underestimate the hunger stimulating quality of alcohol and try one of the excellent cocktails served, before you delve in the menu, because this is where you have to take some really serious decisions...i don't want to influence you but the duo lamb is the best chop I ever had in my gastrimargia history and the same applied to the tuna, as well (ok, maybe I wanted to influence you...)! Oh, and before you leave, make yourself a favour and get some desserts. Again, I don't want to influence you BUT the goat cheese donuts and the peanut butter chocolate pie are going to make you forget your earlier parking adventures...
Enjoy!