“My first stay”
Review of Midtown Inn

Midtown Inn
Ranked #55 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is an older hotel that is fun to stay in.
The staff are a delight and really like to help you learn to get around town. It is just across the street from the Purple Bus pickup point to go to the Inner Harbor and other points of interest.
Breakfast is more than acceptable.
I felt totally at ease staying there by myself.
I recommend this hotel to any and all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We enjoyed having you stay at our hotel and look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Do not stay here.. do not book a room.. DO NOT DO IT...Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else.

We showed up at 1pm and the lady said our room would be ready in an hour and they were in the process of cleaning it. 2 hours later we returned and she checked us in and said it would be about 10 minutes to have a seat.. an hour later it still was not ready. I walked up in the actual room and the manager was inside vacuuming it and it wasn't close to being clean. He proceeded to yell and scream at me that it would be at least another hour if not more and that he told the lady at the front that already.. They are apparently short staffed and the manager told me "he was having a bad day" and repeatedly yelled at me and my wife. He threatened to call the police if I didn't leave after I did ask for my refund. I am not sure where it is okay to yell at your customers and take your bad day out on them but we demanded a refund which we luckily did get.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $100-$150 and stay at a Marriot or somewhere else, save yourself the hastel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dcpirch
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

The staff is extremlely sorry that we did not meet the expections of the guest. We do our very best to provide the facilities and services which all guests expect. When trying to explain to the guest the extenuating circumstances of that day and assureing them that their room would be ready as quickly as possible, the staff was treated to extreme hostility and very vulgar language (constant use of the "F' word). No one deserves to have that kind of language directed at them or have their personal character demeaned in such as fashion. A refund was issued and the guest left.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Returning to this hotel after 6 or so years , we were given a warm welcome . This hotel ticks all the boxes. Clean and comfortable rooms which have been updated since my last visit . The staff are helpful and friendly as ever . It gives you great access to the surrounding area and is a great base for exploring Baltimore; Md.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Notorious P
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you very much for the nice comments. We look forward to having you visit with us again

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place is not nice at all; it is historical and in the middle of town. The neighborhood is nice, easy and safe to walk around. The front desk attendant was not nice or helpful. He was irritated that I arrived because I interrupted his newspaper reading time. My room 107 was a dump, stains on the carpet and chair. The walls are torn apart; the glass in the picture above the bed is broken. The smoke detector is not on the wall and did not have a battery. The toilet paper dispenser was not on the wall and paper was stuck in the hole in the wall were the paper holder was at one time. It is nothing like the add states, it was discounted as a midweek special but it is discounted because it should be closed and renovated. The area is great; they do have a parking lot down the road. I wish they would redo this hotel it could be a great place. I took several pictures because I was amazed a room could be rented in such bad shape. The man at the front desk told me that I had the last room but could offer no refund. I went to Walmart to buy sheets and a pillow. The television is very old and had three or four static channels to choose from. If you are looking for a hotel and see the special and think that it is a good idea to save a little money save yourself the hassle and pay the extra money.

Room Tip: dont let them put you in the basement. After reading the other reviews the main part of the hotel ma...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Robbie C

We are exremely sorry that your stay with us was not up to your to your expectations. We are currently working to resolve all the issues that you stated. We hope to be completed soon and your next stay with us will be more pleasurable. Thank you

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a reservation here and needed to cancel it the front desk clerk was extremely ugly to me over the phone and told me I had to call the choice central line to cancel my reservation because it was made that way and if I didnt that they would charge me. First this is a bold face lie I work at choice hotels and it does not matter where you make the reservation out unless it is a prepaid reservation you can cancel it through the hotel. Also, Choice does not charge any guest what so ever!!! For anything!!!! The hotel charges you when you are a no-show which is fine that is what they are supposed to do. For this clerk to lie and to be rude to me was unacceptable and if I could do more than just write this review I would. I have already called choice and made a formal complaint!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Robin B
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Called gst at 9:00 pm on date of arrival to see if gst was still coming because reservation was still in the system. Gst called back on my personal cell phone (not hotel phone) to inform me she had cancelled the reservation a month prior. Informed gst that reservation was still in the system and perhaps she should call Choice Central to cancel reservation to avoid no show charges per cancellation policy. Gst was never lied to, but became angry over phone. The situation was handled properly on this end.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

on behalf of me and my friend we enjoyed our stay at the Rodeway Inn. the room was nice and clean and it was a pretty view to see outside downtown baltimore. the service was very professional anything as guest we wanted all wee had to do was call and it was given in a very professional way. we look forward to spending another weekend at the Rodeway Inn. Again thanks alot for your hospitallty.

sincerely your Mr Levar Mcdowell-Goins and Mr, Timothy Goins

Room Tip: Think about the size of the room and beautiful view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

On behalf of the management and staff, we thank you for your very kind comments. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed on multiple occasions at this hotel. It always is a great deal. The location is in the heart of a thriving multi-cultural neighborhood with wonderful restaurants. The staff is courteous and helpful and your are right across the street from a free-circulator bus stop, allowing easy access to Downtown Baltimore.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

On behalf of the Management and staff, we thank you for your kind comments, and we look forward to serving you again