“Bad hotel, but worth the $60”
Review of Midtown Inn

Midtown Inn
Ranked #52 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Bad hotel, but worth the $60”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

After reading the other reviews, I am glad I wasn't in the basement! I was on the fourth floor. The stairway going up was kinda nasty; stains on the wall and my friend tripped over the stairs. When we got to the room it took like twenty tries to get into the room. Kinda funny actually.

Okay, the room was bad. There were three lights in the room. Two of them being lamps....which were missing light bulbs. And the one light on the light flickered! SO. ANNOYING. The TV guide they provide say they provide over 50 channels, in reality they offered five which had terrible quality. At that rate we were probably watching TV from an antena. And one small note about their guide, they said the Greyhound station on Haines St (where I had come from) was 7 miles away, in reality it was 2 miles away. Not a problem, but kinda funny the distance was way off.

The funniest thing was that there was a sign in the bathroom that says "we pride ourselves on the quality of our linens and towels". LOL! There was holes and stains in the towels! And I the sign also said to not steal them...yeah, you dont gotta worry about me!

The shower had like no water pressure. I felt like Buddy from the movie Elf having to splash water on me to get clean. And the sink (which wasn't in the bathroom) could have been easily pulled off of the wall. The "air conditioning" was a portable fan, and the window had the lovely view of a brick building.

The complimentary breakfast sucked. The bread looked nasty, along with the orange juice. So I decided to have some cereal...the milk was sour. Oh come on? Really? I ended up getting something to eat at the Barnes and noble cafe later.

I particularly choose this hotel because it's under the choice rewards program. My friend and I who stayed here previously stayed at another choice hotel (that one being a quality inn) and it was PERFECT. We also paid $100 for that one, whereas for this one we paid $60. But hey, you get what you'd pay for. I'd stay here again if I was trying to be cheap. Hopefully I just dont get the basement!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Conew508

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband I planned a cruise vacation and thought we would stay a couple of nights in Baltimore after we get off of the ship. We paid for 2-nights in advance. We ask to see a room earlier in the morning well that didn't happen. So we came back later to check in and again I ask to see a room. They said they didn't have one to look at but they needed to go ahead and process my payment. I told them I had already paid for it months ago. They said no I didn't so of course we gave them our CC to process. We finalized everything and then the truth came out. Be prepared for what I am about to tell you. This young girl checking us in finally says okay your room is down the hall and down the steps to the left. We take our bags and go down the hall and there is the flight of steps. IN THE BASEMENT OR DUNGEON. We go down and immediately smell the sickening mildew, musty odor. Then the bed was suppose to be a queen was a full. No way my husband and I would be sleeping on this size bed. I pull back the curtain to look out the window and it's CRACKED with Duct tape holding it together. Then a side door located next to room with sheet rock and other construction tools for repairs. The carpet was dirty and the walls were spackled waiting to be painted. Everything was run down and Old. The commode barely flushed. The breakfast area had Orange Juice still setting out and food setting on the counters. I am sure it was spoiled from setting out. We ask for another room and upstairs and of course the young girl said there was nothing available 3 times. My husband and I left and never returned. Came home I contacted my bank and looked up my account for total transactions. Sure enough I had already paid in advance and paid again when we checked in. I will get my refund fully from months ago and I contacted Aahish and also explained to him of our disappointment of this place. He said they can only give us 50% back in about a week from now. I want it all back. My husband and I had to pay additional taxi $17 and $80 to change our tickets for Amtrak and $60 to Rodeway Inn and didn't stay. I will continue to follow up on this. Something needs to be brought out about this place. IT'S NOT SAFE.

Room Tip: Check this place out before you make a reservation. The online photos of this place look very cozy...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MC K

Travelers are raving about these Baltimore hotels

Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hotel was overbooked. They refused to put us in another room without charging us. THey first tried to put us in a room that had no key and was so small the door was unable to open fully. The service was terrible and the staff were ignorant. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody ever.

Room Tip: The hotel was overbooked. They refused to put us in another room without charging us. THey first tri...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Claire D
Cedar Hill
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I checked into this hotel on 8/12/12 and I would have to say this was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. While I understand that the hotel may not be able to do a lot about the age and condition, certain things are without question reasonable. My room was unbearably hot as there is no control in the room it is monitored centrally from the front desk (yes - all guest must have the same setting). Continental breakfast was TOAST, TOAST, and oh yeah TOAST. The room smelled bad, the floors sunk in and I could go on and on. I would suggest to anyone to pay a little extra and choose another hotel for your stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Justice T
Manor, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had such a nice time here. Everything was well maintained and when i had a problem with the noise comming from outside my room late at night the staff took care of it right away. The bathroom had great water pressure and plenty of clean towels. Breakfast was nice and well kept up with. i would recommend people to come try a night here and see for yourself how nice of a place it is to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had a wonderful experience.. Didnt know what to expect for the price..BUt I had a very good stay..It was a nice clean room amenities was enough.. plenty of towels The people at customer serevice was very kind...Anything we needed they was happy to help..I will stay here again..I recommend anyone to stay here very reasonable...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Don't go there, even for 1$.

Short story, our room was in the basement, it smells very bad, the shower does'nt work, no hot water in the cink, no air conditionner, only four tv channel, check-in at 2 instead of 1pm.

The worst hotel experiment by far. Do not hesitate to pay more and get a nice room...elsewhere

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple