“Um Um Good”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 24, 2014

let me first start off by saying there are two locations one in downtown Baltimore near the aquarium and the other is located in Baltimore on cold spring. Both locations have great food and service. The location downtown is smaller than the one on cold spring, which seems to have longer waits. But the view is better downtown... So you pick your location, but either one you will be satisfied with your food. Everything on the menu is outstanding.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a very good restaurant. My husband and i chanced upon it after church on a Sunday morning. We were there for the weekend and wanted to try something unique to Baltimore. We saw the people converged around the front of the restaurant and decided to give it a try. We knew we were in for a wait - it only took about 10-15 minutes tops! That was a short wait compared to the 45 minute to an hour wait time we were told about on Saturday night. The decor of the restaurant is very diner-like, bright and clean. We chose to sit out side as the weather was gorgeous and didn't want to be cooped up inside. The tables outside were not right on the street so it made for a great outdoor dining experience. Service was pretty efficient and quick. I ordered the Crab Cake Benedict and it was just perfectly delicious. This place is highly rated in Baltimore, named in 2013 as one the top 25 Baltimore restaurants for crab cake and I can see why. I would definitely eat here again whenever I am in the Baltimore area! Loved it!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Walked here from the National Aquarium. Fantastic menu. Hard to decide on a meal. I opted for a soft shell crab club sandwich. It was amazing. Dining guests happily gobbled up the chicken and biscuits and the crab cakes/eggs benedict. Loved the grits! Wish I lived closer to it. I'd be in there every day!

BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for visiting us at our Inner Harbor location, and hope to see you again on your next trip to Baltimore! So pleased you loved your Surfin' the Bay Club!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Casual, fast service, very knowledgeable about allergies, great food. On all counts the perfect
breakfast and lunch place. Too bad they are not open for dinner. Could eat their food all day long.
Huge menu.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had an excellent breakfast on Father's Day. Get there early. We arrived at 10 am and waited 40 minutes for a table. The wait was worth it. Everyone in our party was very happy with their meals. I had the berry waffle sampler. It was delicious. Portions were very filling. The only negative was a mistake with the order. A side of bacon was forgotten. Told waitress, she apologized and it was taken off the bill. It actually worked out because the meal was so filling and the bacon would have been too much. Might have given a 5 if the order was correct. But all in all, a great breakfast.

Been to Miss Shirley's Cafe? Share your experiences!