“Average”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went here Sunday morning about 11:00 am. Some people were literally running full speed to beat us to the door. I learned why but the wait was only 45 minutes and an accurate time estimate was giving. They need more seating for people waiting for tables but space is at a premium.

I order the Benne Seed Chicken 'N Waffles. I did not see any sesame seeds but maybe I was not paying attention. The chicken has a nice flavor but I couldn't tell you what pieces I had I think it was a split chicken breast in hind site. The waffles were just ok. I like my waffles with syrup though. These were a little dry.

My fiancee got the omelette with Chicken, Red & Yellow Peppers, Tomato, Jalapenos, Cheddar and Advacado. It was better then the chicken and waffles but I was not blown away.

The servers were friendly, but I think the bus person I talked to was much friendlier. I cant blame them if they were rude the place is a bit of a mad house.

The orange juice was fresh squeezed and really tasty. If I were to go again I would try a sandwich.

The location is good if you are visiting something on the inner harbor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My sister and I went to Miss Shirley's last Saturday. Fortunately, we arrived at about 10:45, before the big crowds, and were seated in about 10 minutes.
The menu is pretty inventive; everything from pancakes to sandwiches, hash, and the most amazing grits (made with bacon and mascarpone cheese) this Southern girl has every consumed. My sister had the Slides, which she loved. I had the Southern Slammer sandwich, which was very good (albeit with a bit too much bread - very thick sliced pumpernickel). Coffee is very good, service friendly and prompt, and the atmosphere just right for a Saturday morning: loud, but not too loud, and bustling without being frantic.
Love Miss Shirley's!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have wanted to try this place for some time, ever since I read that they are a top destination for Bloody Marys in the area! I was far from disappointed! The bloody mary's as promised, were great! It was especially delish how they were garnished...lemon wedge, lime wedge, wedge of green tomato, peppadew, red pepper, yellow pepper and pickled okra - like a salad in a glass :) The crab cake sandwich was very good - lots of crab, little filling - and the sandwich and salad the folks I went with were fresh and tasty. The offering of multiple sides to choose from (not just the standard french fries) was also a big plus! I would also like to comment on the service - great!! I mentioned I had allergies and our server, plus the manager, checked on me to make sure I was ok! Do not miss going here!

BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thanks for dining with us and sharing your experience! We're so glad that you enjoyed the meal. You commented on many of the features that we proudly focus on providing and we are always happy to hear when they're appreciated. We hope you'll dine with us again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Breakfast Trio, of Sliders, husband stuffed french toast. Get there, its so worth it! O.K, let me say the Spicy Shirley Bloody Mary, is what I really went for, and I still cant duplicate it!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

On our quest to find our favorite brunch restaurant, Miss Shirley's is our top ranked so far. Eggs benedict with crab cakes and fried green tomatoes were the best. My hubby had pancakes - rasberries and white chocolate were awesome. We had monkey bread, too! The only way to make this place better would be to have the restaurant just around the corner in Owings Mills.

Been to Miss Shirley's Cafe? Share your experiences!