“Maybe my expectations were too high”
Review of Miss Shirley's

Miss Shirley's
Ranked #10 of 2,026 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Smyrna
“Maybe my expectations were too high”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food was good, although the order didn't come out correctly and some items were not hot (hash browns). I had ordered a special sandwich which was very good, my wife's order came out wrong, This really sets a meal off as now we are not eating together. Worst part was her side of bacon now on the table getting cold while they remake her pancakes. Our waiter seemed disinterested, he was very tough to track down when I wanted a water, and when my wife needed more syrup. Once found, he was prudent in taking care of requests. We were extremely excited to try this restaurant, as we love exciting foods would probably come again, but it wasn't the WOW we had walked from downtown for.

• Visited December 2012
BaltimoreJen, Guest Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback and review. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and I apologize that your wife's order came out incorrectly and you then had to wait for it to be remade. We strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests and I hope that we can make this up to you on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

• Hebrew first
washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“not worth it”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Way too expensive for what you get and not that great. The food isn't terrible, but it's not great. The coffee is really bad. I won't be back because it wasn't a good atmosphere and the food was so-so.

Visited November 2012
BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I regret you did not enjoy your experience. We would like to have the opportunity to make it up to you by offering you one of our signature starters on your next visit to the Baltimore area. In addition our staff would be happy to suggest dishes that reflect your taste.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Love their fried green tomatoes but the omelet was average”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I normally get the cinnamon danish pancakes ($10.99) but this time I tried their fried green tomatoes appetizer ($5.99) and a 'make your own' omelette ($14.99). I loved the fried green tomatoes but the omelette was average and the biscuit that it came with was a run of the mill Bisquick biscuit - very dry. I should have stuck with my tried and true pancakes but I have a nasty habit of trying new things. I suggest that you try Miss Shirley's other goodies and skip their average omelettes;the service was great as usual. The cost for two people eating breakfast at Miss Shirley's was a steep $45.53 (does not include the 20% tip): two omelette meals, one appetizer, one coffee, and one orange juice.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Miss Shirleys has a wonderful variety of breakfast dishes to suit any tastes. I love the chicken and waffles and the seafood varieties that are on the menu. A little expensive for breakfast but well worth it, if you are looking for something special.

Visited November 2012
“Love It”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I normally don't give 5 stars but our experience left us very happy. Food was so good I couldn't even think to take in anything else happening. I think our server was friendly, but for all I know it could have been a chimp wearing a track suit. I was pretty distracts by my breakfast. Can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2012