“fabulous food, service and atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miss Shirley's

Miss Shirley's
Ranked #8 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
maryland
“fabulous food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

i have been wanting to go here for quite some time and finally made the trip! after trying to decide between the pratt street locale and roland park we decided on roland park. it was a sunday and we didn't have to pay the meter. parking on the street filled up fast but at 10am it wasnt too crowded and we didn't have to wait to be seated. its a little pricey here but i didn't care. i had a shirley's crush and my hubby had a fab bloody mary. the mil got a hot chocolate that came with tons of whipped cream and the fil got a coffee. we all got enormous entrees that were great. i had salmon benedict which was like lunch and dinner on a plate. blackened salmon and poached eggs on cornbread with hashbrowns. hubby had a crabcake and shrimp salad sammie, mil had eggs and fil had an omelet. we were intrigued by a huge order of french toast that went by....they are apparently known for this. everything was so good, the menu was so extensive it took us a while to order. our server was patient and attentive. the restaurant was decorate so nice for the holiday and xmas music played throughout. i would come back again in a heartbeat, and will likely try pratt street to compare. highly recommend.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Hebrew first
Annapolis, MD
“Breakfast costs that much!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Yes the food is good but the place is not much more than a fancy diner. I feel that it was just overpriced. The portions were fair and taste good but spending $20 on breakfast is just over the top.

Visited October 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Food With A Twist; Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went to Miss Shirley's for the first time after having it on my list of places to eat for about a year. I was not disappointed. I tried to eat healthy by having the garden omelet with grits. It was fresh, tasty and filling. The grits are a nice twist from the traditional, with bacon and mascarpone. My friend had a kicked-up hot chocolate made with Kahlua and topped with whipped cream along with the salmon and grits. The menu is definitely diverse and there are plenty of options that makes it difficult to decide. Everything sounds good and the presentation of all the food is beautiful. The atmosphere is quaint, but seating seems plentiful. Our server was wonderful and allowed us to take our time. He consistently refilled our coffee and water and he knew the menu well enough to help us make our decision.

• Visited December 2012
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Chicken and waffles!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Got the chicken and waffles here at around 1pm... didn't eat again until the next day at 9am (and that was forced), which was after I'd gone to the gym for an hour. I'm not the type of person who eats a salad at a restaurant and claims to be full. I like food, and lots of it. Miss Shirley's definitely fills you up. Service was good, fun atmosphere, and tasty chicken and waffles (that fill you up a lot more than you'd think by looking at them). I'd say the price is a little high, but given the price of my one meal held me well past dinner, it almost seems reasonable now, especially given the location right across from Inner Harbor. You could do much worse in Inner Harbor!

Visited December 2012
Saskatchewan
“Unique”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Service was good, food options were unique. Children did not find much to eat for b'fast. Overall it was okay, not sure if would go to again.

Visited December 2012

Been to Miss Shirley's? Share your experiences!