“Fantastic, but you do pay for it.”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 2,047 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Your ship has come in. The Capital Grille in Baltimore is located right in the Inner Harbor. A location every bit as special and impressive as our restaurant is. Come and experience everything from our famous dry aged steaks and chops to exceptional seafood. An award-winning selection of 400 wines. And an atmosphere of comfortable elegance. Any excuse to not try it, simply won't hold water.
State College, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic, but you do pay for it.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Really top notch steak house. Excellent service. Steaks were pricey (~$50), so be prepared, but it have to say it was maybe the best steak I've had in a restaurant.

Visited June 2014

York, Pennsylvania
“Great for Special Occasion”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I took my wife here for her birthday. My boss always spoke highly of the restaurant so figured I couldn't go wrong. Overall it was a good experience.
First, the food was excellent. We started with the steak tartar. Then my wife ordered the Kona crusted sirloin and I got the Delmonico. For sides we got the lobster mac and cheese and the beans with heirloom tomatoes. Everything was excellent. best steaks ever.
Since I had mentioned with the reservation that it was my wife's birthday, they brought us complimentary glasses of champagne and she got a special birthday cheesecake desert.
Unfortunately our waiter didn't provide the level of service equal to the food or the prices. It started when he took our drink order. I normally don't rink alcohol, so after my wife ordered a glass of wine, I said I just wanted ice water. He seemed offended by this. He actually said, "you are not going to order a cocktail?" in a shocked tone. He then mentioned some dishes that weren't on the menu. One was a filet that was prepared differently than the one on the menu. He ended the description with, "oh, and the price is different than what the menu says...". Just didn't seem professional the way he said it. After finishing the excellent steak tartar, our dirty dishes sat on our table for an extended period of time even though our waiter passed by several times. The plates were finally cleared by the manager (The manager was excellent, we had a nice conversation with him as he cleared the plates). Same thing happened after our main course except it was a bus boy clearing another table stopped and cleared our plates for us. Also, while waiting for our main course, apparently our waiter knew our dishes would be out soon because he stood next to our table with the pepper grinder for several minutes waiting (seemed a little weird and almost creepy). After our dinner plates were cleared, he brought out the birthday desert for my wife. This was really nice. The only problem was he never asked if I wanted a desert or if we wanted any coffee or tea. I actually had planned on ordering desert and a cup of tea. Of course, my wife was full so I ate half of her desert, so I really didn't need anything more. He did save me from some extra calories I didn't need. But he also cost the restaurant money and himself a larger tip.
Based on my interaction with the manager and watching the waiter at the next table, our issues were related to the waiter and not the business. I believe if we had a different waiter, I would probably have given them a rating of 5 across the board.

• Visited June 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Still the best restaurant on the Inner Harbor”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Food quality and selection, as well as service, were outstanding. Both steak and seafood were served as ordered and were delicious. Expect to spend some money.

Visited May 2014
“Great place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Best steak in Baltimore, they have a good variety of cuts and preparations. Service is awesome. Been here for business and pleasure purposes and I'm never dissapointed. The A la carte sides are great, lobster mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, asparagus are my fav. You also have to try the peppered calamari for appetizer, good to share for a big group.

• Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Spectacular”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Capital Grille was outstanding from start to finish. We went there to celebrate a wedding anniversary and my husband's birthday. To open, they brought as a glass of champagne for a toast. Unexpected but appreciated. My husband had the garlic crusted porterhouse and I had the Filet Oscar. Both were cooked to perfection. Our waiter was very attentive giving us just the right amount of attention. For the grand finale, he brought us a dessert for the birthday and anniversary. We were very pleased with the entire evening.

• Visited May 2014