“Always Perfect”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Your ship has come in. The Capital Grille in Baltimore is located right in the Inner Harbor. A location every bit as special and impressive as our restaurant is. Come and experience everything from our famous dry aged steaks and chops to exceptional seafood. An award-winning selection of 400 wines. And an atmosphere of comfortable elegance. Any excuse to not try it, simply won't hold water.
New York City, New York
“Always Perfect”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Been here dozens of times. If you want to eat the best or impress a girl. This is the place. Great wine selection. Every dish I have ever got was nothing but perfect. A true Baltimore gem. This is my favorite place to eat in the city. I am very picky and hard to please when it comes to fine dining and this place does it everytime

• Visited May 2013

Fort Mitchell, Alabama
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stopped here with my 5 year old daughter (casually dressed) for an early impromptu dinner after visiting a children's museum and the harbor. The staff was pleasant and our server was excellent! I'd have to agree with another reviewer about the kitchen being slow. It seemed that out food took forever and the restaurant was pretty empty at that moment. However, the food was worth it. I had the lamb chops, lobster mac and cheese, truffle fries, and asparagus. Everything was delectable. My daughter enjoyed the food. I would definitely dine here again. We had a nice experience and were treated extremely well.

• Visited August 2013
Columbia
“Great food - Slow Kitchen”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We went on August 30 to this restaurant. We unfortunately picked the same week to go that the now defunct Baltimore Grand Prix was taking place so getting there was a challenge (as the city had shut down many of the pathways to get to this restaurant). There wasn't much foot traffic in the restaurant when we got there, probably because of the road closures due to the race, so we figured we'd get in and seated very fast, and we did.

The food itself was excellent, but the speed of the delivery left a lot to be desired. All told, we were there for 2 hours, because it took them that long to get through all of the courses. I would never expect to wait 30 minutes in between the bread, the appetizer, the entree, and dessert but that's essentially what we did. We'd eat, talk to pass the time, and eventually started looking around to see what was the hold up, in between each course.

The wait staff was friendly and engaging, they did say they would check to see what was causing the delay, but unfortunately, it seemed like that's all the did. They left and went into the back and but never returned with any explanation, just a promise to go check and see what the problem was again. They also comp'd our first slice of cheesecake without us asking (I say our first slice of cheesecake because it was so good, we ordered a slice to go), but the delay in the service, made what should have been a great experience, just an good/ok experience. I could still recommend the location. It's certainly possible that this was just an off night for the kitchen. Were it not for the delay this definitely would have been a 5 out of 5 experience.

• Visited August 2013
Neptune City, New Jersey
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Everything was great. The calamari appetizer seemed a little heavy and didn't come with marina...but everything else was spot on.

Visited July 2013
Woodstock, Connecticut, United States
“Paul is the man.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed in Baltimore over the long Labor Day weekend and treated ourselves to dinner at the Capital Grille for our last night. Our meal was cooked to perfection and served in a timely manner. The wine was excellent (a Montepulciano) and chilled just to the right temperature. My steak was just the way I like it and my wife's chicken was equally superb.

By all rights would should have been too exhausted to eat. Sunday was race day for the Baltimore Grand Prix and the weather was unusually hot and humid. The Capital Grille turned out to be the oasis we sorely needed. It was cool, well appointed and immaculately set.

I've saved the best for last. Our sever was Paul Morales and he was a godsend. So professional, polite, extremely courteous and genuinely interested in our day and making our repast at the Capital Grille truly memorable.

We consider ourselves quite fortunate in choosing the Capital Grille for our last meal in Baltimore and that fortune was surpassed by Paul's excellent service. The Capital Grille should be proud to have him in their employ.

• Visited September 2013