“A favorite”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,094 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Your ship has come in. The Capital Grille in Baltimore is located right in the Inner Harbor. A location every bit as special and impressive as our restaurant is. Come and experience everything from our famous dry aged steaks and chops to exceptional seafood. An award-winning selection of 400 wines. And an atmosphere of comfortable elegance. Any excuse to not try it, simply won't hold water.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very nice restaurant for a chain. Very good food and service. They have private dining for larger groups (10) that is very nice. Have to reserve that well ahead but worth it.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The Capital Grille is always a great meal and the service is terrific. It is a terrific place for business dining and the food is always fresh and delicious.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had a great dinner there as always with the Capital Grille. Only disappointments were that someone had ordered huge flower arrangements for the dining room and included Stargazer Lily flowers. These are not appropriate for a dining room as they give off a deep scent and remind you of church or a funeral parlor. Some people actually get sick at the smell. Otherwise, in a very convenient location in the Inner Harbor area which is really important in the traffic choked downtown Baltimore.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I read about the capital Grill here on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try since it was close to our hotel. We didnt realize how nice of a place it was until we got there. All the waiters wear blazers/suits. To start I ordered the lobster bisque which was very good. We also had the bread that they brought to the table as you were seated and half of that was really good, the other hald was really just a flatbread... nothing I would have really expected from this sort of place.

For dinner I ordered the 2lb lobster which was pulled out of the shell and was very good. My husbadn ordered the filet with mushrooms and his was very good as well. We got a side of the parmesean truffle fries also since none of the dishes at this restaurant come with anything on the side. If you order a salmon filet, you got a salmon filet, nothing more. All dishes were this way. The waiters all seemed a little too serious for our liking.... not to downplay waiters or waitresses, I have been a waitress myself... but its not like rocket science. I dont need anyone to cut my food or fold my napkin the second I get up to use to restroom.

For desert we split the housemade cheesecake with fresh fruit which was absolutely fantastic. I am a huge fan of cheescake and am very picky about it. This cheescake was out of this world amazing. I would go back just for the cheescake.

Overall, the food at the capital grill is great. Just be prepared to be in a stuffy atomosphere and spend a lot of money. My husband and I spent $175 for the two of us and he had 1 beer.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

it was a great restaurant , may the best in this town.The steaks and the food generally was the best