“Love this place”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,073 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Your ship has come in. The Capital Grille in Baltimore is located right in the Inner Harbor. A location every bit as special and impressive as our restaurant is. Come and experience everything from our famous dry aged steaks and chops to exceptional seafood. An award-winning selection of 400 wines. And an atmosphere of comfortable elegance. Any excuse to not try it, simply won't hold water.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Excellent consistent food. Excellent service. Great bar. I tend to stay away from the steak rubs but nothing I have ordered here hasn't been very good.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Yes, I'm starting a review with accolades for the steak knife. If you go to Capital Grille here in Baltimore, order the beef; not just because it's delicious and perfectly cooked, but you'll also get to wrap your hands around the best steak knife I've ever been provided. Rarely will you find a more substantial, classic tool with which to slice your dinner (not that I needed it, mind you...I could have cut through my filet with a popsicle stick, it was so tender!) My only regret is failing to ask if they were available for sale. But I digress...The atmosphere was lovely - fragrant, fresh flowers in the dining rooms. The wine list? Give yourself some time to read it - it's enormous! Our party ended up with (2) aged Delmonico steaks and (2) filet mignons with sides of creamed spinach, steamed spinach and phenomenal au gratin potatoes. A table never looked so good (that is until the surprise dessert arrived - a beautiful creme brulee-styled cheesecake with raspberry and strawberry accents and a piece of espresso chocolate cake). Our server, Lawrence, was professional, attentive and gave us the kind of personal service one always hopes to receive for occasions such as this. Be prepared to spend ~$100pp but know it will be money well spent. Thank you Capital Grille!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food and service are excellent but the prices are too high. The restaurant is walking distance to the Inner Harbor, multiple parking lots and lots of shopping.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a great restaurant to have dinner with friends. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the service was top notch and the steaks were delicious. We had the creamed corn, scalloped potatoes and the lobster mac and cheese. All of the sides were out of this world! If you are ever visiting the Inner Harbor, be sure to visit the Capital Grille. You will not regret it. Wonderful!!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My son and I had a wonderful lunch here today, Patrick was our outstanding server. The atmosphere is very dignified, yet the staff is respectful without being stuffy or snobish. We had the lobster bisque, clam chowder, scallops and lobster roll. It was all perfectly prepared, the soups were piping hot. The bisque had large chunks of lobster, a very nice surprise. Typically, we do not indulge in dessert, but we had the creme brulee and strawberries, both were fantastic.