“Best staff ever, great location, excellent stay”

Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We traveled to Baltimore to take my son to Kennedy Krieger Institute to see his doctor. Before arriving I was told I could email our grocery list to them. I emailed Dwayne our list while on our flight to Baltimore. I checked my email when we arrived at the Baltimore airport and Dwayne had emailed asking when I needed the food. I knew my email was last minute and told him we had just arrived in Baltimore, and if sometimes that day would be great, if possible. We arrived at the hotel about an hour later, and was surprised to be told by Chastity and Kaitlyn that our food would be at our room shortly. In my opinion, they went above and beyond to get our grocery list for us. In the room there is a list you can check off and add items to and it says to have it at the front desk for same day delivery. Both ladies were excellent in greeting us, and they were so sweet to my special needs son. When we arrived to our room, we had a king size bed. Since there was 3 of us, I called and asked Chastity if it were possible to get a room with double beds. She moved us to another room, and even sent a couple gentlemen up to help us move our luggage and get the other room key. The room was excellent, spacious and comfortable. The staff goes above and beyond to help their guests and they were always pleasant to talk to when we left or came back to the hotel. This includes the desk staff and the door staff. My son loves to talk and everyone was so sweet to him. It made our stay great and my son loved it so much, he didn't want to leave. The groceries arrived about an hour after we got into our room also. This was convenient and they did great with the pricing and used their discount card to help save us more money. The kitchenettes made a great option to either cook in your room or you can go out or, they had nightly socials with different food options and drinks. The breakfast was good also with several options and drinks to choose from.

The hotel is only a couple blocks from the Inner Harbor. The subway is maybe 1 1/2 blocks - 2 blocks away also. The taxi ride to KKI/Johns Hopkins was only about $6-$7. The hotel has a 7-Eleven across the street, and CVS 1 block away. There is also a Rite Aid, and McDonalds about 2 blocks away. It is in a great location to get to everything in my opinion.

I would never stay anywhere else when I go back to Baltimore. I have never been to hotel that had staff as friendly and as helpful as this hotel. I can't wait to join them again this summer.

1  Thank Deena8178
Bill G, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for writing a review and for staying with us. It is always our goal to provide the highest level of service and we're so happy that you had a great experience.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My brother and I stayed at the Residence Inn, Inner Harbor for 4 nights due to my father needing surgery at John Hopkins. The hotel is in a very good location, about 2 blocks from the Inner Harbor. Friendly staff, very attentive to our needs. Buffet breakfast was very good and had a large selection of breakfast dishes. Rooms were very spacious, we had a studio suite with 2 queen beds and pull out sofa. The room was clean and everything worked well. Bill Green is one of the managers and really is concerned about his guests' general welfare. The hotel restaurant had very good food and the decor was very stylish. The front desk staff did an excellent job as did the valet service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering staying in Baltimore. The hotel does allow pets as well but also has allergy free rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Bill G, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Isn't the best Marriott in Baltimore. Valet car service was not existent the first night - I had to park on my own - I mentioned it upon check-in and they did provide a $ credit. Valet service on the 2nd night was only slightly better - no one there - I had to leave my keys at the front desk.

City street is convenient for some, but there was too much traffic noise for me.

We were there on a weekend and the breakfast area was crowded and full of kids

Next time, I'll go back to the Camden Yards location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
guerryg, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve and it is truly appreciated. Generally, we open additional rooms to accomodate our guests when breakfast is busy. Please be assured that I will follow up on this and the issue with the valet as well. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is always our goal to provide our guests with the highest level of service.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I traveled to Baltimore for a quick weekend getaway from Philadelphia. We had a great experience at this hotel. Great value for the cost, room was very clean and had a nice, functional small kitchen area. Studio room was spacious with a nice sitting area and very comfortable king size bed. Front desk staff were courteous and very helpful. Hotel offers valet for $32/day including overnight parking and you can leave your vehicle until 5PM on the day of checkout. Valet services retrieved our vehicle in a timely manner and staff was extremely friendly. This hotel is a great location, easy walking distance to many shops and restaurants on the Inner Harbor. Overall a great experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SaritaJA37

Thank you for staying with us and for your review!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We found this hotel very comfortable and loved the location to the Inner Harbor and Fell's Point. If you stay here during warmer times, you could take in all the local sights by foot. Because it was only 15-degrees when we were there, we took a cab to Fell's Point, and it was very reasonable ($6+tip). We were told that valet parking at the hotel is $32/day, but if you don't need to get your car out, you can park across the street for $10/day. The complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank degirl84

Thank you for staying with us and for your review!

Bill
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I can't speak to the regular prices for this place, but I found a deal for a king size room for $84 a night. I'd have paid $150 a night for this quality of hotel. Marriott should be proud to have this in their repertoire. The service is great, the rooms are clean, nice and have EVERYTHING you'd expect of a very expensive counterpart.

The breakfast is also the best I've experienced in all my stays. They have the usuals, like cereal, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. But the little additions make a world of difference. For example, the waffle toppings consist of warm maple syrup, sugar free syrup, chocolate syrup, caramel, fresh blueberries, strawberry sauce, whipped cream, walnuts and more. It was great! Not to mention, they keep coffee available for free all day.

These may seem like small things to many, but they are deal makers for us. Not to mention, the location is excellent for anyone looking to tour the inner harbor. It's so conveniently located. I loved it!

Room Tip: The king size room we had had a full kitchen, with a fridge, stove, and dishwasher.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mehands
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. Our goal is to provide service so memorable that our guests will tell stories about us. Thank you for the great story!

Patrick

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Went out for a friend's birthday party and we rented a room for the evening. Very clean and included a kitchenette which was great! We were a little too loud at one point and the hotel was polite enough to call and ask us to turn down our music. Other hotels will kick you out on a dime. Check out was easy and it felt like a safe, convenient location. Will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Virginia S

Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn by Marriott.
Patrick